Clear Vue dust collector experiences/tour?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveHall

Steve
Corporate Member
Would anyone in the Triangle/Raleigh Area with a Clear Vue dust collector mind giving me a tour of theirs?

After reading Bill Pentz's site on dust collection for a few days, I think I've nearly given up my initial impulse to get a Harbor Freight DC with the 0.5 micron Wynn Environmental filter modification. He's convinced me that cyclone action is the only decent long term solution to reducing particles for my situation.

I'm a bit concerned about the noise and power requirements and any other practical operational issues I haven't thought of. I'm still not sure I can get over the initial price tag and am half inclined to try and build it myself to save a few dollars. But I'd like to be sure this is the right road for me before I write up the business plan for TLOML!

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
I just primed the MDF on mine this afternoon. It may be several weeks before it's in and operational. Be glad to have you come by and look at it disassembled and then return to watch it suck. The install will be 6" plastic, underfloor with the main unit mounted outside the shop. Waiting now for the workerbees to get back to me on the "exterior closet" pricing. And yes, I am going to paint it Powermatic gold!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS