cleaning clamps

Status
Not open for further replies.

rhett

New User
rhett
Anyone have a good method for cleaning glue off of clamp bars. I have some Bessey's that need attention due to sloppy clamping. I have thought of using my angle grinder with a wire wheel, but thought I would ask first. Thanks.

jglord

New User
John
It depends on the glue but I know they recommend heat (about 120 to 130) to remove TB III from clamps.

This does bring up an interesting thought - if TB III softens at 120, can this produce failures? I know of one person who built a custom entry door, painted it black, mounted it as the south facing front door, behind a full glass storm door, and, after a few hot days, the door came apart. Apparently, although FW says TB III makes the strongest joints, they can fail if sufficiently heated. BTW - they rebuilt the door using 24 hour epoxy and it has been fine ever since.:lol:

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
The eaisest way is to not let it get on there. Second easiest way is to not let what gets on there stick. Try my saw table treatment solution- Some grated parrafin desolved in deoderized mineral spirits. Put in a spray bottle and spray bars of clamps. Of course they need to be clean first. Let MS evaporate and then use. Keeps glue of the top of my contractor's saw, plus some other stuff that I shouldn't have on there either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS