Clean-up CA Glue?

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
CA glue can be fun ... okay, not really. It's a mess, it smells bad and I have a heck of a time getting is on a pen smoothly the first time! But I really need to know now is ... how do you clean this stuff up? It's on my lathe, it's on my hands, it's on the bushings ...

Is there a reversing agent for CA? How do you clean it up?

MikeH

New User
Mike
how do you clean this stuff up? It's on my lathe

You can scrape it off the lathe.

how do you clean this stuff up? it's on my hands

It will eventually come off your hands and fingers... :rolf:

how do you clean this stuff up? it's on the bushings ...

Turn the bushing and either sand them or very carefully us a tools and turn the CA off.

What viscosity are you using for the finish? Thin will get EVERYWHERE (DAMHIKT) :oops: and I've found medium gives me the best results.

HTH,

ebarr

New User
Wayne
I have a spray can lid I fill with nail polish remover. Drop my bushings in and wait. After a few hours Most of it simply wipes off.

I also have a lot of holes in my shirts from drips and the stuff simply breaks a hole in my shirt. Really need to get me a leather apron when I turn.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
As said Acetone is your friend. Before I started using Delrin bushings for finishing, I would soak my metal CA encrusted bushings in a small mason jar filled with Acetone. Always had clean bushings to start with.

CA on your lathe is character mark, it shows that it is being used. Wax the beds and it should pop right off.
Dave:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors