Claro Headboard - A little more progress

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Here's what I got done this weekend;

This one shows the top board tenons. Its sitting on a prototype of the side tables that will go with it.
Headboard_July2.jpg

Here's what I ended up with:
Headboard_July3.jpg

With a little playing in photoshop to remove the background and fix the perspective:
Headboard_July4.jpg

There is also a bottom rail to a attach the bed frame but no photo with that.

Now I have a bit of planing, sanding and finishing to do. And I have to decide how to top off the posts . . .

pete

Last edited:

Tarhead

Mark
Corporate Member
Very nice! The side table looks like a small version of the Walnut Acadian Table from Pop. WW a few months back. It's on my list.

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
That looks nice Pete..may I suggest a contrasting wood finial?

I was thinking about that. Also thinking about doing something funky like a carved frog or turtle as a finial. (but I don't think LOML will go for that :-D )

pete

J

jeff...

I was thinking about that. Also thinking about doing something funky like a carved frog or turtle as a finial. (but I don't think LOML will go for that :-D )

pete

You could go gothic or midevil and put some funky carved dragon or gargoil up there. I think it needs to be something other than a neatly turned finial. My wife collects unicorns, so if it were mine that's what I think I would do is a carved holly unicorn standing on a hill. Though I don't know how to 3D carve, their are others on this site I would tap on for that.

Very cool looking wood and a great idea for using it - I like natural edged slabs a lot - they are 100% unique. Great craftsmenship there Pete :icon_thum

Just my two cents

Thanks

DaveO

New User
DaveO
I really like the headboard, as Jeff said it has it's own unique beauty. No one will ever be able to make something exactly like it.
Personally I don't think the side table style fits with the headboard style. The table is beautiful but it is too dainty to go with such a massive hunk of wood like the head board. I would consider trying to incorporate an natural edge into the bottom edge of the table apron and beefing up the legs to be in scale with the size of the headboard posts.
Just my two cents (or less) worth as both are awesome pieces.
Dave:)

cpowell

New User
Chuck
Gorgeous headboard. :icon_thum I like the lines you picked for the straight edges. The slight offset between the top of the left post and the "left" top side of the headboard actually adds a lot to the piece.

I love the side table, too but the top looks kinda thick!! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding! Pete :slap: Me

Chuck

PeteM

Pete
Corporate Member
Personally I don't think the side table style fits with the headboard style. The table is beautiful but it is too dainty to go with such a massive hunk of wood like the head board.
Just my two cents (or less) worth as both are awesome pieces.

That is true. They do not match but we have a few other pieces in the bedroom that don't match either so we just call it an eclectic mix displaying the various styles in juxtaposition (or is that concordance) etc. etc. blah blah
:eusa_danc:roll: :lol:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
That is true. They do not match but we have a few other pieces in the bedroom that don't match either so we just call it an eclectic mix displaying the various styles in juxtaposition (or is that concordance) etc. etc. blah blah
:eusa_danc:roll: :lol:

Hey that will work for me...I'm easy. If the new LOYL is pleased, that is all that matters.

J

jeff...

It's pretty cool working with slabs

LOL says: "you were out in the shop all day, what did you get accomplished?" Answer: Oh I worked on one piece of wood :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors