Clarification & Request

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
First thank you very much for your expressions of support and the many PMs that I have received. I started to answer some of them, but frankly it would be time prohibitive. So I'll just try to clarify one main point.

Many of you seem to think that I am reacting to the public complaining about the closing of the OT forum and other things. Well, please don't think I am that sensitive and/or unrealistic. I expected some level of blowback from the action I took. The day to day running of this site will always have portions of that kind idiocy involved. I dealt with it for fours years and could have with again. Yes, it can be disturbing but so are parts of woodworking, but the results are worth it. I have always liked the people on this site. And I have never confused the vast majority of the people on this site with the same 4 or 5 people who cause 99% of the issues.

No this is something more complicated. If I take my emotions out of it, the reality was that I could no longer do the job without the focus of the decision making process becoming ME rather than the issue. I had to take myself out of the equation or no progress would be made.

That said, this is your (corporate Members) site, not the BOD or the mods or the admins. If you liked and want to see my vision continue, then:

• Make sure the people you elect to BOD also believe in it.
  • Communicate your wishes and desires to the BOD via PM. Don't let the nay sayers be the only ones they hear from.
  • Volunteer to be mods and admins, we need more and we need people who can provide the necessary time and DEDICATION.
  • Run in the next Board election
  • Demand that a very strong and activist Webmaster be found and appointed and given the latitude and trust to do the job.
  • Give your support and trust to the following 3 people in no particular order. They have proven to me that they are true volunteers who really want the best for the Corporation and are willing to work to make it happen
    • Doug Robinson
    • TracyP
    • b4man
Thank you again for your support

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS