Clamp stand mod idea *PIC*

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
I think I have worked out some minor mods (end caps and upper dividers) and one big mod for my Bessey rack- that is whenever I get around to making the final version.

I have a bunch of misc. C-clamps, short F-clamps, quick clamps, and spring clamps I need to store. I think I will make the base of the Bessey rack taller so I can put full extension drawers in both sides of the base. I should be able to fit two roughly 20" (d) X 24" (w) X 6" (h) (??) drawers- enough space to hold all the misc clamps. It shouldn't do anything to the stability of the rack, just make it heavier and more stabile. I'll need a top rail to support the base MDF but there is no need for a bottom rail on the drawer sides. The face in the pic would only be about 2" - 3" higher since the drawer could extend down towards the floor in the wheel area. What do you think?

Rack-6.JPG

Monty

New User
Monty
Took me a minute to figure out what you're planning to do, but it sounds like a good idea. Also, do you think you could put some horizontal dividers to make use of this space?

Rack-5.JPG

I don't want to put ideas in your head... I want to see what YOU come up with! You have some very creative ideas.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
insomniac said:
Took me a minute to figure out what you're planning to do, but it sounds like a good idea. Also, do you think you could put some horizontal dividers to make use of this space?

I don't want to put ideas in your head... I want to see what YOU come up with! You have some very creative ideas.

Been thinking about how to use the space in the "A" frame area. Maybe a drawer for band clamps. If I put the small clamps in drawers this will be really heavy though the casters are rated for 220# each.

clowman

Clay Lowman
I like the idea of a drawer in the base. Someone mentioned submitting this to a WWing mag.. you'll win the prize for shop jigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS