Clamp Organization and Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I recently got all of my clamps rounded up, settled on how I wanted to store them and implemented the design. I wanted them close to the assembly table although I had limited wall space nearby. All of what's shown in the photos is within a few steps of the assembly table (or closer in the case of the smaller bar clamps).

This photo shows the arrangement for the specialty clamps (Bessey corner clamps, corner squares & clamps and Bessey band clamps), the Clamp'n'tool Guides and the larger Bessey bar clamps. The battery chargers are also located in this area.

DSC00060.JPG

View image in gallery

Here's a closer look at the bar clamp area. The dadoed strips keep the clamps organized, upright and ready to use. Gravity is my helper in this scheme. By having the high-low arrangement, I effectively doubled the wall space while keeping everything within easy reach. And... there are empty slots available!

Before I got around to this project (for about 18 months) I had tossed the smaller clamps on the assembly table shelf. Turns out that I found this to be a very handy location. The storage solution consists of dadoed strips mounted to plywood which allow the clamps to be separated from one another and makes them easy to pick out and use.

Yes I am a Virgo! Thanks for looking.
Bob​

RandyJ

Randy
Corporate Member
Those are great solutions to the eternal clamp storage problem.

Way to go Bob.:icon_thum

I might have to steal some of your ideas:embaresse

Ray Martin

New User
Ray
Bob,

Nicely done. I suspect that clamp storage is one of those rather perosnal things... how and where you store them has to match how you work and what you work on. This, however, certainly looks like a great arrangement.

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
Super design there, Bob!!!

I especially like the small clamp organization under the assembly table. Cool idea!:cool:

The way that you left extra space for future growth is pretty cagey!!:gar-Bi

Wayne

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Bob
You really need more clamps , you can never have enough !! :eusa_danc:eusa_danc
Very nice storage idea.

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thumLove the duct work mods....Did you plan the width to accomodate the battery chargers or did it just work out like most of my stuff does:gar-Bi

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thumLove the duct work mods....Did you plan the width to accomodate the battery chargers or did it just work out like most of my stuff does:gar-Bi

Scott,

Thanks. I made the recess as wide as I could and it worked out for me. The planned part was running AC to the outlet strip on the right side of the recess so that I could power up and power down all of the chargers easily.

Bob

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Very nicely done! I don't have much wall space due to sloping ceiling and short knee walls, so I made a rolling clamp rack. It looks like you discovered the same thing I did- Bessey type clamps store really nicely with the jaws down. It kinda goes against the traditional method with the bars down, but with the heads down and bars up you don't need to worry about a jaw slipping and pinching your hand and it is easy to grab two to three clamps at one time by grasping the bars. Well done!

SGalley

New User
Scott W. Galley
Scott,

Thanks. I made the recess as wide as I could and it worked out for me. The planned part was running AC to the outlet strip on the right side of the recess so that I could power up and power down all of the chargers easily.

Bob

:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors