Charter Meeting for Charlotte Grange

Status
Not open for further replies.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
I got this email today, and thought I'd invite you guys if you're interested. I grew up in the Grange and have had it on my list of things to get back involved with for a few years. Anyway if you're interested PM me or email Jessica. Check out the website for more info and history, www.ncgrange.com

Thanks PHil

To: phillipjashley@aol.com
Sent: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 9:57 am
Subject: Charlotte Grange Meeting!

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Hi Everyone! [/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Thanks for all of you that got back to me about our meeting date! We will be meeting on February 5th at 7PM. We will meet at the Community Room in Fire Station #9 (Directions are below). Refreshments will be served. I really hope you all can come out for this wonderful opportunity! If we can get this Grange chartered, we’d like to meet in different areas of Charlotte each month, so that people that live across town, don’t have to drive so far each time we meet. Please let me know asap if you plan to attend. Feel free to invite friends and family too! I’m so excited that this seems to finally be coming together! I look forward to seeing you all![/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Take I-85 North towards Concord. Take the Poplar Tent Road exit and turn left off the exit ramp. You’ll see the brand new fire station on the left, the community room is on the end of the building. Please call me if you get lost. 919-619-5071[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Jessica L. Newton[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]NC State Grange Membership Director[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]1-800-432-4857[/FONT]

Last edited:

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil, geographical constraints hinder me from this meeting, but I feel sure such an organization will see a swell in membership in the coming months. I look for us to see a run on canning jars and garden seeds too!

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
i believe there's a local grange in Union county.

as for canning and such, that is already envogue so to speak.

i was at Renfrow's Hardware in Matthews this fall and they were saying that Ball can't make jars fast enough these days.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
:gar-La; I was thinking the same thing since seeing this post ... what the heck?
The NC State Grange is a nonprofit, grassroots, family-oriented organization dedicated to community service. Our unique organization also has a special interest in agriculture that dates back to its historical roots. Anyone can become a part of the Grange. There are programs and opportunites for all ages. Browse through our website to learn more about the activities and people of the Grange that make us an integral part of the North Carolina community.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Glenn, I think most younger folks nowadays never heard the word 'grange' outside of a ZZ Top song.:gar-La;

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Very interesting organization. Grange means farm in Spanish, I only know that because I grew up in a town name LaGrange, meaning "the farm". We didn't have any farms :eusa_doh:

Dave:)

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Over the years I've spent alot of time in Vermont, where most of areas have active Grange halls. They have informative meetings, do potluck dinners, and are generally a meeting place to spread local gossip:gar-La;. Up there they are very homey and friendly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS