Charlotte area lumber suppliers

Status
Not open for further replies.

BarryC

New User
Barry
You guys in northern central NC have Wall lumber which would be about a 4 hour round trip for me. Besides BORGs where in the Charlotte area are my choices for buying lumber?

ChrisMathes

New User
Chris Mathes
Kyle's :icon_thum worth the drive...it will likely be less than an hour, depending on where you live

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Queen City Lumber Co. @ 2501 Weddington Ave (off 7th St.) 704-333-4136. They keep a good supply of #1 SYP, redwood, and poplar all D4S. Also, 1 day service on most other items.
Matthews Building Supply in Matthews, NC keeps a handy stock of cedar.
Abernethy Lumber Co. on Craighead or Raleigh St. in Charlotte used to keep a good stock of oak. I haven't been there in some time & don't even know if they're in business anymore.

Kyle

New User
Kyle Edwards
Thanks for the plug guys..

Welcome Barry.

I normally keep Walnut 4/4 , 8/4 and 9/4 some thick, wide stock as well , Cherry 4/4 and 8/4,
some wide maple (currently 6/4 and 20" wide), cedar, curly wide redwood, poplar (low now)
ash in 5/4,6/4,8/4(low right now) and red oak and white oak (currently sawing to dry and sell)

turning blanks various sizes

shorts various

Large slabs- walnut, redwood, maple, mulberry, tigerwood,purpleheart

exotics- purpleheart 4/4 8/4, sapele 4/4 and 8/4, honduran mahog 6/4, tigerwood 5/4
sipo 8/4, some brazilian cherry and bloodwood and wenge from time to time.

bonewood

New User
Alan
I have averaged a wood run about every two months the last year. They always begin at Kyle's.

Go see his operation, even if you have to walk:lol:

BarryC

New User
Barry
Thanks for all the replies! There are a lot more places than I thought which is good. I'm just glad I don't have to buy it at a BORG or order and have to pay shipping.

You know as I was typing this reply another thought crossed my mind and it made me smile. I know there are a few other wood working forums that are bigger with a lot more members and I have been reading those, but it sure is nice to have one dedicated to wood workers in NC. It makes it feel a lot more personal around here. And I'm glad to be part of it.

fivestring

New User
Gary
I have averaged a wood run about every two months the last year. They always begin at Kyle's.

Go see his operation, even if you have to walk:lol:
Kyle's wood is as good as it gets.

No, wait, that dint come out right 8-O :eusa_doh::eusa_thin

Kyle has a good selection and good prices. :eusa_danc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS