Charles M - New Freud blade ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
This weekend I was talking to the Freud rep at Woodcraft. He mentioned that the f410 tablesaw combo blade was going to be replaced by the p410. I asked why and he said to compete with the WWII. Frankly as a proud owner of the F410, I thought it was as good as the WWII and better on Ply.

(WG, yes I have the TS2000 and I still stand by assessment:lol: )

Last edited:

Charles M

New User
Charles
Steve,

The information you received is correct. The current F410 is very similar to the WWII but is made with more precision. The new P410 Fusion is only similar in that it is 10" and 40T. In this blade we have put all of our best technologies: anti-vibration, PermaSHILED coating and a new grind that is patent pending.

Charles M

New User
Charles
The P410 is in production now and they are expected to be available in early November (just in time for Xmas season ;-)) Street price will be ~$99.

Charles M

New User
Charles
The F410 is being replaced by the P410. Since the blade is much improved and the price will be basically unchanged there is no need for the older version.

Howard Acheson

New User
Howard
The F410 is being replaced by the P410. Since the blade is much improved and the price will be basically unchanged there is no need for the older version.

Thanks Charles. My old F40 just bit the dust and I was about to order an F410. I'll wait a while and order the P410.

The F40 was a great blade at $40 back in the 90's.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Charles -

Standard Kerf or Thin Kerf? I would hope it is standard or at least available in both.

George

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Looks like I'll have to add another blade to my collection:shocked7fl: One of these days I'll do a real comparison review of all these different blades:yes4lo:

clowman

Clay Lowman
Thanks for the information Charles.. (It's good having a freud rep as a member :eusa_clap:eusa_clap)

clowman

Clay Lowman
Ha.. I remember the first time I was tablesawless (is that a word) I burned the motor out of my first TS.. it was a super super cheap Craftsman. I knew what happened the second the blade stopped moving, and the motor smoking, and squeeling.... I had a cold shiver run down my back... oh no.. no tablesaw... Then I thought.. OH BOY.. NEW TABLESAW!!!

Brian

New User
Brian
Sorry Brian, you'll have to wait for the patent. No offense intended.

Understood, wouldn't expect or ask you to. I just thought it was strange that they call it Hi-ATB and there is a patent pending. I guess we'll wait and see what the final product is.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS