Central Machinery 16 speed Drill Press- looking for ncwoodworker suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Can anyone here give me insight on this brand of Drill Press?

http://winstonsalem.craigslist.org/tls/4770632640.html

I've never heard of Central Machinery. I've kinda been looking a good drill press for some time now. Would have bought the one listed hear a few months ago but was too late on pulling the trigger. Any thoughts are appreciated, thanks!!

JeffH

Jeff
Senior User
I have one of these and have had no problems with it. Not fancy but it gets you there, as they say.

I bought it used a couple of years ago, for $100. You might want to negotiate with this seller just a tad. :)

Steve_Honeycutt

Chat Administartor
Steve
I don't see enough information on the specific size to look it up on Harbor Freight's website. For 16 speed drill presses I found the following:

Item #61483 and #38144 13 Inch $249.99
Item #43378 13 Inch $279.99
Item #61487 and #43389 17 Inch $389.99

If you figure 50% off of new for a used machine, this machine is too high.

Steve H.

Len

New User
Len
It's pretty obvious from the picture it's not a 17" press, so overpriced big time. It also has a machine shop table, you can tell by the coolant trough, so you'd want to build an add on to handle larger wood projects.

kave

Kettrell
Corporate Member
Thanks to all for your input and assistance. I have called the seller to tell him I wasn't interested. You folks are the best!!

SubGuy

New User
Zach
Craigslist is a great place to find great deals. It's also a place for people who try to rip people off, don't know what they got and over price or people who want retail price for used equipment. It's like anything, research (as you have) and make sure you know what your getting into.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors