Can't plunge new toilet!

Status
Not open for further replies.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
I have always found a pull from the plunger after the push is much more effective. I have never cleared a toilet with a push. The quick pull after creating the push clears it every time for me. Instead of cramming stuff down, you pull it back up to separate the clog and it magically goes away.:gar-Bi

This ridiculous new style toilet cannot be plunged, at least not with any plunger I have been able to find.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Andy, being in Cary, did you apply for the $100 rebate for installing a water saver toilet? Same goes for Raleigh and towns served by Raleigh.

buildintechie

New User
Jeff
Unfortunately, I don't think that is an option anymore. I used an auger and the toilet itself is clear and it drains, but there is still enough of a clog at or below floor level to keep it from being able to flush anything but liquid. So Drano or whatever wouldn't get a chance to work. I am going to have a plumber come out and make sure the toilet is set up correctly.

The auger I linked to you is about 4 feet tall...so it should extend down your plumbing to help clear clogs.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Andy, if you call a plumber they will likely pull the toliet, snake the drain and them re-attach the toilet. DAMHIKT. It is not all that hard. You can still DIY. Just two bolts. Make sure to go out and get a new wax ring first.

Splint Eastwood

New User
Matt
Maybe you have to buy the "Plunge" attachment that goes with the toidy! :rotflm:

And the special bits that go with it!

Wait...this is a woodworking site?

Sorry, bad jokes!

Good luck !

M

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Scott is right on; get the ring with attached horn; NEW bolts; PULL that puppy. IF after you pull it and can verify 100% the toilet is NOT the problem then call a plumber let him fix the DRAIN issue, You can put toilet back and saved urself close to 75 bucks or more by NOT paying him to pull and reset.

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Ended up being fixed by plumber. It was a clog right at the floor juncture. He said the issue wasn't a foreign object or paper obstruction; it was a matter of nutrition. :confused_ My boys need a bit more fiber and shouldn't wait more than a day between "thinkin' sessions"...

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
Ended up being fixed by plumber. It was a clog right at the floor juncture. He said the issue wasn't a foreign object or paper obstruction; it was a matter of nutrition. :confused_ My boys need a bit more fiber and shouldn't wait more than a day between "thinkin' sessions"...

:-D so um Andy..... what ya feedin dem boys? bricks?????

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member

Better yet, stop feeding them. Then you save ob food and plumber bills. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS