Cane Attempt #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Collin Davis

New User
Collin
I've been spending much time in the shop lately (bundled up, as it's been a little chilly :no:) and here is the result of my labors. A new cane, walnut and maple, with a hand rubbed oil finish!

I had it done in time for Christmas, but didn't have anyone I thought I should give it too, so I guess I'll have to think of something else to do with it. :icon_scra

Full shot of Cane:
Cane_full_.JPG

Close up of Handle:
Cane_Head.JPG

Close up of Tip:
Cane_Tip.JPG

Oh, while I'm here anyway, Merry Christmas Everyone!

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
That is a really nice cane. I love the way the two woods look together.

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Really nice work, Colin. :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

I'll send you a shipping address!!

:gar-La;

NC_Horn

New User
Duane
That is a beauty. I love canes and walking sticks. What is the length of this one?

Great job!

Duane

Collin Davis

New User
Collin
Sealeveler, that is quite a cane you have there yourself! I like the bent handle, I have yet to try anything that complicated.

Thanks for the kind words everyone, I guess the different colors of wood proved a good idea, that's all I'm hearing about!

This one is 38 and 3/4 inches long, I meant to include that in the original post, but forgot, although, it did get in the info on the pictures page.

I'm working on a design for the next one already! Hopefully it will be nicer then this one, I'm thinking of a more complex, yet equally elegant glue-up that will yield an interesting design once turned.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Very Very Nice!!! I could not make one that nice after a 100 attempts.

Collin Davis

New User
Collin
Thanks again everyone, I have finished the design for the next one, now I start the sawing, gluing, waiting, sawing, gluing, waiting, turning, sanding, finishing process.:wink_smil

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS