Can anyone turn me a 4.21mm bullet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Here is a piece (I used this word for a reason) ;-) I just finished for a co-worker. It is a Chirstmas gift for his brother in-law who would "hunt 24 x 7 if he could". The stock is cut from 3/4 red oak. The barrell is a piece of 1/2 polar dowel. The over-all length is @ 28". It is finished with Miniwax sanding sealer and two coats of spray on Deft.

I liked the way it turned out so much I think I might just make a second one from spalted maple for me.

Attachments

• full view.jpg
    full view.jpg
    152.9 KB · Views: 216
  • stock close up.jpg
    stock close up.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 200
  • grip closeup.jpg
    grip closeup.jpg
    188.7 KB · Views: 213

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
4.21 is an odd size. Any reason you need that particular measurement?

I'd be happy to donate to that project. Let me know exactly what you need.

Thanks Mike for the offer. I really appreciate the kind offer. It is just my "sick" sense of humor. I figured I would have more views asking for a bullet then just "Look what I did".

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Scott, when you did what you did, you should have no problems getting folks to admire your work. That's awesome!!! I have never seen scroll work done in that configuration, it's very creative, and I am sure it will go over very well with your co-worker's BIL.
BTW, I like creative thread titles...keep it up along with your creative scrollsaw work :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Dave:)

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Man thats cool!You shouldn't be worried about people not looking.If they don't see it it's there loss.Don't "shoot" your self down.:lol: :lol:

Badabing

New User
Joe
Outstanding work Scott :icon_thum:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:icon_thum I love the way everything looks like it is in 3-D! I have a scroll saw that hardly ever use but you've just inspired me ;-)

Kdub

New User
Kurt
that's really nice. just a couple of questions if you don't mind. what type of blade do you use? how do you get the insides of the cuts the dark brown, i don't think it's blade burn. i hope the receipiant appreciates it.
kurt

Bryan S

Bryan
Corporate Member
Looks great Scott.The scrollsawing thing is not for me though I bareley squeeked by coloring in the lines in kindergarden:lol:. Those of you who are good at scroll work turn out some nice looking pieces.

DavidF

New User
David
An amazing piece of work! I have no "arty" side at all, that's why I discovered 3D CAD!:lol::lol:

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
that's really nice. just a couple of questions if you don't mind. what type of blade do you use? how do you get the insides of the cuts the dark brown, i don't think it's blade burn. i hope the receipiant appreciates it.
kurt

Kurt, thank you and everyone else for all the kind words. I used a #3 and #5 Flying Dutchman reverse tool balde. As for the color on the inside cuts it is plain old end grain. I am not that creative. The dark brown coloring is just the shadows.

DaveT

New User
Dave Tenhoeve
Awesome work Scott. I took a scroll saw class a couple of months ago and have tinkered around with the saw some since. You've inspired me to give it another go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS