Buy & Sell Forums - GONE

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
The basic testing of the new Buy and sell software is finished. It has been decided to move to this new system and it is now "official". You will notice most of the Buy & Sale sub-forums are now gone or moved to other places. I suspect we will be doing some more re-arranging of the forums shortly.

The ONLY place to offer items for sale is the "For Sale" section which will be re-named to something like "Classifieds" later, as a "Wanted to buy" section will also be added in the next few days and possibly a barter section next month. I am asking the staff to delete any items offered for sale anywhere other than within the new software. If the new For Sale/Classifieds system does not meet a particular need, please let me know and we'll try to modify it ASAP.

There is now a DQ section on the For Sale software. It is not and will not be visible to anyone who is not DQ. Therefore, on an item basis, ALL DQ items are confidential.

The "Recent Ads" Block on the left side of "Home" pages shows only the last 12 ads that have not been marked "SOLD" by the seller. DQ items do not show at all. As soon as I figure out the bug I am been working on all day, DQ items will show there if you are DQ.

Please feel free to discuss any issues with the new way of doing things, including bugs and suggestions.

ashley_phil

Phil Ashley
Corporate Member
looks good steve. and i've figured it out now pretty good.

is there a provision to view "sold" items. a historical archive of sold items will be a valuable asset to the site in time. it will help buyers & sellers determine the worth of an item.

J

jeff...

looks good steve. and i've figured it out now pretty good.

is there a provision to view "sold" items. a historical archive of sold items will be a valuable asset to the site in time. it will help buyers & sellers determine the worth of an item.

I agree and was thinking the same thing.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
I think they are still there, but how to display them is something else. I'll look into it.

Robert Arrowood

New User
Robert Arrowood
Steve would there be any way to put the sellers home town with the item? Might help the person looking determan if they want to buy.:eusa_thin Just a thought.

SteveColes

Steve
Corporate Member
Steve would there be any way to put the sellers home town with the item? Might help the person looking determan if they want to buy.:eusa_thin Just a thought.
Robert, coulld you do me a favor enter this suggestion through the new "Help Desk". That would be a good wat to break in the new system and make sure I don't forget about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS