Brief review of iGauging Snap Depth gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

merrill77

Master Scrap Maker
Chris
Picked up one of these from Hartville Tool this week ($15 with free shipping) and had a chance to play around with it a bit today. It is designed for measuring the depth of dadoes, rabbets. It measures in metric and inches with an optional fractional display mode (shown):

iGauging-depth.jpg

It comes with 1" and 2" extensions, so it can measure up to 4" depth (you have to add the extensions to the displayed measurement. Here it is with the 2" extension in place:

iGauging-depth2.jpg

I found it to be pretty reliable in it's measurements, but I have not done any extensive testing on the accuracy.

I want to also use this as a height gauge for router bit height, router table fence setting, etc. Here is my first attempt at a simple base to make this more convenient:

iGauging-height-front.jpg

The gauge slides in and out of the base without any fasteners, thanks to the shape of the gauge. Here is the back side, showing how it fits in place:

iGauging-height-back.jpg

Once I get a flat tip to replace the cone tip that came with this, I think this will turn out to be a very handy height gauge :>

Chris

MarkE

Mark
Corporate Member
I got one of these in a set with digital calipers. Haven't used it much yet. I like the base you made for it. That should make it a lot easier to use for setting blade/bit height. :icon_thum

Bigdog72

New User
Geoff
I received this as a gift last XMas. I use it every time I am in the shop. Great little tool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors