Bowl depth gauge

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrAudio815

New User
Matthew
No, But if you look at your thumb and pointer finger, then they would be close to my Bowl Depth gauge. My Fingers~! :rotflm:

That's about all I use, besides the cheap-o 10 piece set I got from HF for $6 or so?

Can't wait to see what others have made. :eusa_thin

Rob

New User
Rob
That's about what I use, or a pencil, or a chisel. I was wondering what others came up with.

Mike Davis

Mike
Corporate Member
IMG_00074.JPG

IMG_00081.JPG

IMG_00065.JPG

Just a scrap piece of cherry roughly 5/4 x 1.5 x 15 inch. Drill 1/4 inch hole through center for depth rod, flip 90° drill 1/4 inch hole for bolt. I used a hex head, but you could us a carriage bolt if you have one and a wing nut or fancy jig nut to tighten the rod.

I cut the slot on my table saw. Clamp board to fence at each end away from the area of the slot, position fence so board is centered over blade, turn saw on and raise blade through board to make slot.

I was in a hurry and wasn't sure I would like it so I never sanded or varnished mine.

gsdoby

New User
Gary
Here is one I made for lidded boxes Similar to Mike's but a smaller scale. I used a thumb screw

Splinter

New User
Dolan Brown
This is one I made.

The beam is 12 1/2" long x 1 3/4" high x 1" thick. The rod is a 1/8" brass welding rod. Using a barbed threaded insert and a brass screw.

DSC08147.JPG

Parts

DSC081461.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors