Bookcase/Dollhouse: Project Completed

Status
Not open for further replies.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I finally completed the Dollhouse Bookcase that my daughter requested for my oldest granddaughter. While the project was not difficult, it did have its share of headaches. The plans my daughter asked me to follow were not great (butt joints and nails); consequently, I made several changes to assure great stability (dadoes, glue, and screws), especially since it is for my granddaughter. Also, I have never been too enthusiastic about painting. No doubt my attitude may be different if I had the setup for spraying, but since I do not have that capability, I find it very difficult to achieve a smooth finish. That said, the project turned out pretty well.

P1020027.JPG

View image in gallery

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Good looking project. All projects are subject to headaches. :eusa_doh:

Scott Kuykendall

New User
Scott
I made this one for my daughter about 9 years ago from a picture my wife had from a magazine. Looks like the same style and color lol.
Scott

Bookcase.jpg

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Scott, it looks the same to me. Since you have the experience, I should have asked you to build it!:wsmile:

Donn

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
Donn.....you are NOT done!
The wallpaper and flooring for mine came from glossy paged magazines. The furniture will bring tears to your eyes and foulness shall form in thy mouth! (After a couple, I found that the furniture could be purchased.....). Incidentally, the stairs don't have to make structural sense. again a cutout clued on may suffice.
Other than those minor comments.....it looks great! :eusa_danc

Glennbear

Glenn
Nicely done Donn, I recall the questions you posed before starting and I am glad it turned out well. :wsmile:

Canuck

Wayne
Corporate Member
That turned out really nice, Donn!:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

I am sure it will be appreciated and well used.

Wayne

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
I'd say that turned out very well Donn. I especially like the bead board back wall. :icon_thum I've made a couple of things for my granddaughter, and pink and white seem to be the colors of choice. :wwink:

Bill

Bob Carreiro

New User
Bob
Very, very nice, Donn. Your daughter, and granddaughter will never notice the difference in a brush painted doll house or a sprayed one. To them, it's beautiful because it was made by Grandpa! I can't wait for my daughter to have children so I can get busy and build similar things.

Keep up the happy WWing,
Bob

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors