Blade Sharpening A+ (from Ridge Carbide)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WoodWrangler

New User
Jeremy
Sent two 10" tablesaw blades and a set of three jointer blades to Ridge Carbide for sharpening. You might be wondering "why did you mail them to someone?" Well, I had heard great things about the quality of their sharpening and the blade I have from them is top notch ... so I figured, why not.

Well, the blades came back and here's the results (so far) ...

The jointer blades ... are real nice. Wow, what a different sharp blades makes. I don't know how to judge the quality, the they cut beautifully and leave a shiny finish.

As for the Ridge Carbide blade I sent it, it was scratching the wood (I think I may have bent it 1/100th inch one time doing something stupid), so wrote asking them to check it. As GREAT customer service, they sent me a new blade ... so it's sharp as all get out!

And the other blade, a DeWalt, I have yet to use it ... but it has a nice protective casing around the teeth for safe keeping until I need it (by the way, how do you remove that stuff?)

They even sent me a new replacement for the one I questioned.
P1010029.JPG

P1010027.JPG

P1010033.JPG

P1010028.JPG

P1010030.JPG

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Jeremy, that is a great review, and it good to see excellent cutomer service without having to be asked.
I think that this would be better in the Reviews section, in case folks are looking for a sharpening recommendation, they'll know where to find it.
Thanks for posting :icon_thum

Dave:)

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
good deal! whatever you do about the coating DO NOT put the blade on and try to knock it off by cutting sumthing! DAMHIKT :-D it will peel off with your fingers just be carfull round the sharp parts.:rolf:

fred

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
A small piece of hardwood sharpened with a pocket knife will save your fingers and clean off the hot-dip easily without scratching the blade or ruining the teeth. Push outward from the blade's center and try to get under the edge. Once started you can probably peel it off with your fingers if you go the opposite direction of the cut rotation.

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS