Bin Laden Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Here's my IM to the OP:

Good Morning,

I wanted to let you know that I removed this thread. While many of us here, myself included, probably agree with the sentiment it's political an inflammatory nature clearly violate our posting policies. Thanks for your understanding.

Travis

ptt49er

Phillip
Corporate Member
Thanks Travis!

Glad he took the moderation well. That thread would only bring heart burn!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
I expect there to be more. The topic is too hot.
Good catch. I was on earlier & wondered how long it would take. I also wondered if someone somewhere didn't have a big payday in an office pool.

b4man

New User
Barbara
I've PM'd Doug and requested he write a post as our President to address the historical event. I feel our military members and family deserve the recognition and appreciation. I think to avoid discussion will yield bitterness in the long run.

Barbara

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
I've PM'd Doug and requested he write a post as our President to address the historical event. I feel our military members and family deserve the recognition and appreciation. I think to avoid discussion will yield bitterness in the long run.
While I agree with the military members and their families deserving recognition and appreciation, I don't think a formal statement on this topic would be appropriate. This is a woodworking site after all.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Perhaps it would be more appropriate to remind everyone of the upcoming Memorial Day using a neutral statement & leave it at that.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
I have thought on this all day and while in my mind I am glad for the action that was taken in relation to 9/11. My BOD position as Web Master puts me in charge of internet operations, therefore I do not think this forum is the place for a sounding board or statement by OUR President. Not meaning any disrespect to Doug's position in the corporation, or any member's or staff's views. I just feel it is a political issue; (strictly against policy) and one of extreme religious beliefs. Muslim vs the rest of the world; (there again against policy). I strongly feel that any thread referencing the death of Osama Bin Laden should be taken down before the first reply is posted. I will personally remove any reference to the recent news. This is a woodworking forum where we sometimes get off topic but this type of post violates policy in so many ways. I hope all of the staff will respect my views as Webmaster.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Barbara and I have spoken. As has been expressed already, I am not in favor of making a post of this nature as it is not in keeping with the purpose of our organization.

Doug

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Barbara and I have spoken. As has been expressed already, I am not in favor of making a post of this nature as it is not in keeping with the purpose of our organization.

Doug

I want to be clear in what I stated above: If you did make such a post I would not take it down. I encourage all moderators and admin staff to remove any post they see related to the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS