Bill Wallace Turning Class

Status
Not open for further replies.

MikeL

Michael
Corporate Member
I highly recommend Bill. I took my first turning class with him at the NC State Crafts Center. I have also been out to his farm for a workshop. It too was a great experience. Bill is a very down to earth person, but he is also a true professional. Two thumbs up! :icon_thum:icon_thum

I have yet to take one of Alan's workshops, but he demonstrates at the woodturning guild meetings. His work is top notch.

Douglas Robinson

Doug Robinson
Corporate Member
Gary:

Do you have days and times? What is the focus of these classes? I might be interested.

Doug

Last edited:

Shavingsinmypockets

New User
Patrick Harrison
Gary-
I took a bowl turning class from him at Klingspor's woodworking shop and it was great. Before the class I had no idea how to use a bowl gouge nor did I own one. It was also the first time I had used a chuck. Since then I have gotten two bowl gouges and a talon chuck, and I have been doing a lot of bowl turning. It was a great class and I recommend you sign up for the next one at Kilngspor's.

cyclopentadiene

Update your profile with your name
User
Highly recommend.

Bill and his brother Jim also teach woodturning at Alamance Community College. Classes are very inexpensive, 8 weeks, 3 hours each $65 and Free if you are over 65.

Many of the classmates are very experienced as well so there are many opportunities to learn different techniques. The student works on any project they choose and Bill, Jim and classmates assist at the level desired or needed by the student.

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
Do you have to be a resident of Alamance Co. to qualify for "free over 65". There's got to be some advantage to getting older. :dontknow:

Tar Heel

New User
Stuart
His next class at Alamance starts March 4/April 22 - 3PM-6PM and another one on those same dates that is held from 7PM-10PM. He had a class that started yesterday running thru the end of Feb. I may sign up for the class that begins in March. Anyone interested in carpooling?

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
2009 WORKSHOPS
With Bill Wallace
Sat. Mar.14, Sun. Mar.15 Sat. Apr.25, Sun. Apr.26

10am-6pm 1pm-5pm 10am-6pm 1pm-5pm
REGISTRATION FORM

The project you hope to work on must be discussed with Bill prior to registration. Materials are your responsibility (assistance gladly given).

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Hmmm..... Very Tempting. Gary are you trying to lead us down a one way road?

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
Scott: Not a oneway road, but definitely one w/o street lights.:rotflm:

Class is limited to 5 and Bill's says he can take 5 of us in the April class, or schedule in May or June.

I think I am going to sign up for the April class myself, it would be great if 4 other NCWW could join in.

NCTurner

Gary
Corporate Member
ACC Schedule and address:

Woodturning
Learn the basics of woodturning using a lathe and various hand tools as you create decorative and functional items. Jim and Bill Wallace, instructors
ID#
Dates
Days
Time
Fee
3/4- 4/22
W
3-6 p.m.
Broad St. Ctr.
$65
3/4- 4/22
W
7-10 p.m.
Broad St. Ctr.
$65
4/29-6/17
W
3-6 p.m.
Broad St. Ctr.
$65
4/29-6/17
W
7-10 p.m.
Broad St. Ctr.
$65

Map

cyclopentadiene

User
Jim Duxberry is offering a Kaleidescope class beginning on Jan 24 at the same location. The classes are saturday mornings at 9 am until noon. Jim is an excellent turner, sells his Kaleidescope plans through many woodworking suppliers and also sells a respirator he designed.
I am enrolled and I believe there are only two others. I believe they need more in order to justify the class of anyone is interested.

Jim exhibits at many of the NC shows so many of you may be aware of his work. I think there may be some photos of his Kaleidescopes on the web.

cyclopentadiene

User
Here is a photo.
100_2999.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS