Beware of flying pigs!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Looks like a cool and COMFORTABLE new setup you've got going there! :icon_thum My roommate is pretty cool, but I have a feeling that sparks would fly if a saw appeared on the kitchen table. :roll: Good for you!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Trent

sapwood

New User
Roger
Cathy,
Congrats on year-round scrolling :thumbsup:
But are you sure John isn't trying to get more space in the shop for himself :D

Roger

Will Goodwin

New User
Will Goodwin
Pardon my ignorance, but wouldn't a saw in the house at an ungodly hour wake people? Is the scrollsaw that quiet or does LOYL sleep like a log?
Congrats on the new setup in any event!

Will

M

McRabbet

They used to say "beware of running out of month before you run out of money", but now you've created a new adage "beware of running out of house before you run out of shop space"! It must be nice to know the "shop is where I want it to be"! Enjoy!

cskipper

Cathy
Cathy,
Congrats on year-round scrolling :thumbsup:
But are you sure John isn't trying to get more space in the shop for himself :D

Roger

Could be. But having the saw, and eventually the lathe in the house have been my goal for quite awhile. If we can put off expanding the shop - great. Meanwhile, we don't have to try to keep the shop as cool this summer.

Will, the saw is extremely quiet. More importantly, it is at the exact opposite end of the house than the bedroom. Add that to the fact then when he is home he sleeps like a rock. And let's not forget, he is out of town all week.

The saw is not actually on the table, but beside the desk. That part of the house is the kitchen which runs into the dining room which runs into the room in which we set up the saw.

Gofor

Mark
Corporate Member
A shop with a home built into it!! I love it!! Talk about a WW dream home!!
Just add All House DC, 220v in every room, Work station specific can lighting,... Just think of the possibilities.

Of course I guess it helps if the spouse is likewise 'flicted with WGD. But then it gets to "Honey, I think the lathe tools should go on this wall and the saws over on that wall, and I really don't like the drill press in the kids room," etc.

Nah, nevermind...

Just kiddin' Cathy. I think its great and am envious (can you tell?)

:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum:icon_thum

Go

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors