Best source for stainless steel bottle stoppers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guy in Paradise

New User
Guy Belleman
Seems like all of the suppliers have slightly different models. Think I prefer the stainless steel stoppers and the type with the o-rings that fit into grooves rather than the silicone sleeve, but the prices seem to vary widely amongst the suppliers. I have buying them direct from Ruth Niles and they are good quality, but I came across this new source http://www.dfi-stainless-steel.com/ and wonder just what the best source is. I have also seen that some of the chef food suppliers have the stoppers for even less than both of those sites, but will not ship to my location (military APO).

Any good advice on suppliers?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
I have used Ruth Niles stoppers many times before. Even met her at a WW show. They are really a quality product. This dfi site appears to be cheaper. However I think I will stick with Ruth's since I only turn 5-6 per year and I know what I get. That make sense?

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
what about a group buy?

Do you think we could we get a discount (from DFI or Ruth) and send Guy his order?

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
what about a group buy?

Do you think we could we get a discount (from DFI or Ruth) and send Guy his order?

We have had a group buy with Ruth before. Manfre organized the last one and we got a great deal. The only real issue in doing this is all the product is shipped to one address which relies of members picking them up or paying extra to have them shipped from there.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
O.K. so I am in for suggesting a group buy and we figure out the logistics later... anyone else in?

Guy - unless you can pick them up from someone, you may have to pay a little more shipping to get them to you (I am willing to pack and ship them for you though...)

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
I'm in for a group buy if they come from Ruth Niles.

I could probably commit to 20 but would need to check with my reseller to see how many he'd want at once. It may be more.

Hmerkle

Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Bump
Are there more turners interested in a group buy?

dustin510

New User
Dustin
Im interested for a dozen or so. Unfortunately I don't have a computer of my own, so I'm on the site very seldom. Hopefully I can check back in time to work out details!

Dustin

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
I would buy a dozen or so. I am not aware of the suppliers you mentioned (chef food suppliers) - could be worth looking into, maybe share a link?
I have mostly used Ruth's and while not an endorsement, I've never had any issue with one of hers.

Shipping will add to the end price - and maybe a dollar or something to the site would be fine with me also...
I know - I don't do the fundraisers anymore (GO SCOTT), but had to throw that in~

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
How much are they? We have a good stock of low-end stoppers that actually work just fine, but this might be interesting.

Carl Fisher

New User
Carl
Here is her typicaly breakdown on the standard style 301 threaded stoppers.

1 to 9 pcs ... 6.45
10 to 19 pcs ... 5.80
20 to 49 pcs ... 5.50
50 + pcs ... 5.20
100 + pcs ... 4.75

So even without a vendor organized group buy, just adding up the quantity discussed here puts us in the 5.20 or down to 4.75 range per stopper which is a great deal on these.

Flootsie

New User
Milissa
That sounds great. Alan tells me we have a LOT of the others, though, so we had best stay with those for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS