Belated Gloat and Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Ok, so I'm WAY behind on a few posts I've needed to make. Back in January I had some fun in the classfied section and some excellent trades/exchanges resulted as well as an opportunity to meet up with a few NCWWers in person.

First I scored an excellent storage cabinet from Mark (MarkE). This was followed by PE help from Mike (MikeGilley) who was able to bring the cabinet to Cary and drop it off at Scott's (ScottM). Much thanks to all three! Here's proof:
Cabinet_11.jpg

View image in gallery

I had also posted a few thing which peaked Andy's (CarvedTones) interest. In exchange I scored a very cool old toolbox for hand tools that came filled with some excellent carving/turning supplies. Thanks Andy!

To cap it all off Andy, Brad (vetteman9956, who was helping out with another PE) and me were all able to meet at Scott's on 2/6 to make the exchanges, have a shop breakfast (biscuits and coffee in the shop, is there anything better?), and hang out a bit. It was my fist opportunity to meet them in person and I think I can speak for everyone and say it was a wonderful way to start off the weekend.

Thanks again to everyone who make all this possible!

Travis

CarvedTones

Board of Directors, Vice President
Andy
Much of the stock was intended for pen turning as you had mentioned an interest in that. But if you would rather try to carve that little bloodwood board, my hat's off to you. :) Hopefully you found a Sorby sculpting gouge rolling around on the bottom of the box as well...

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
Much of the stock was intended for pen turning as you had mentioned an interest in that. But if you would rather try to carve that little bloodwood board, my hat's off to you. :) Hopefully you found a Sorby sculpting gouge rolling around on the bottom of the box as well...

Oh Yes!!! Neglected to mention the Gouge! :icon_thum

Dragon

New User
David
That's great. Meeting folks on the site and conversing back and fro in discussions lets you know what kind of people are on here. Meeting some of them in person is a real joy. I've had that pleasure with a few here and ALL of them are really great folks who share a joy of working with wood and making things.

Mt. Gomer

New User
Travis
That's great. Meeting folks on the site and conversing back and fro in discussions lets you know what kind of people are on here. Meeting some of them in person is a real joy. I've had that pleasure with a few here and ALL of them are really great folks who share a joy of working with wood and making things.

I agree 100%. This was my first chance to meet any of the NCWWers in person. Let's just say I'm definitley looking forward to the next opportunity.

Travis

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS