Bandsaw box project play by play - pics

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keye

Keye
Corporate Member
Dave,

Your timing is perfect. I have the same book sitting on my computer desk. I just ordered a new BS blade and sleeves for my new OSS from Klingspors. I do not have a 3/4" blade. I will see how it goes using one blade for all the cuts. If it does not work out I have the knowledge from you about using the 3/4" blade to cut the back.

As a side note, if someone is trying to decide between the Ventura book and the book by Menke I would suggest buying the Ventura book. Just MHO.

Thanks for the great post.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Nice job Dave! :thumbs_up

But, the title needs some work, there will be lots of threads here that are "Project play by play". How about "Triangle Bandsaw Box" or something that tells exactly what the project is.

Then it will be easy to find in a couple years when I actually get around to making one. :rotflm:

Great suggestion Mike. This thread was originally posted back when there was probably only 5 threads total:gar-La; so I didn't think about that.

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Dave,

Your timing is perfect. I have the same book sitting on my computer desk. I just ordered a new BS blade and sleeves for my new OSS from Klingspors. I do not have a 3/4" blade. I will see how it goes using one blade for all the cuts. If it does not work out I have the knowledge from you about using the 3/4" blade to cut the back.

As a side note, if someone is trying to decide between the Ventura book and the book by Menke I would suggest buying the Ventura book. Just MHO.

Thanks for the great post.

The ¾" blade is not needed, that was what was on my saw at the time. A 3/16" blade will serve all your cutting needs provided your BS is well tuned.
Really these should be called sander boxes, as you spend more time doing that than anything. Good thing you have the fresh sleeves for your OSS, you'll need them.

Dave:)

bluewing92

New User
Norm
Dave, great step-by-step and nice looking box.:icon_thum I have made several bandsaw boxes but haven’t done any inlayed ones. May have to give it a try.
Also if you carefully follow the grain when making the entry for the drawer cut you can glue the kerf closed and it become almost invisible, especially if it is a wide grain wood like red oak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors