Bandsaw Base

Status
Not open for further replies.

genejohnson

New User
Eugene Johnson
I finally got around to hacking together a movable platform to put the restoration on! I have uploaded to my gallery, a photo of the painted base and a photo of the "C" frame, still in the process of sanding, grinding,filling and priming.

BandsawBase001_thumb.jpg

BandsawBase003.jpg

I am not going to mount the base permanently yet until I'm ready to paint the frame because I think it could use another coat of paint.
I also want to find a 9/16" rod to fit thru the base that will act as an axle or swivel as it were for the motor plate. I have the original but its steel and rusts overnite in this beach atmosphere. I'm going to replace it with Alum, Brass or Stainless.
I plan to assemble it from the bottom up, so I might get held up trying to find hardware or various items as I go.
As always I enjoy comments pro or con. Gene

Last edited by a moderator:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Had to add some pics for you. That is looking great, thanks for the update :icon_thum

Dave:)

D L Ames

New User
D L Ames
Your BS restoration is coming along very nicely Gene. I didn't realize that C-frame was a one piece casting. Thanks for posting the WIP pix and I look forward to seeing more as you progress.

D L

dozer

Mike
I had looked at an old walker turner saw i thought about getting and redoing pretty much the same as you are but thought it might be a little to much. But after seeing your progress i might just go see if he still has it and give it a try.

Keep the pics comming I look forward to seeing the finished project.

Travis Porter

Travis
Corporate Member
No comments, but that it looks good.

I will offer up the suggestion of reidtool.com for any specialty metal stuff you may need. Large variety, good prices, and quick shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS