Assembly & Storage Table

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
When I built my basement shop (heated and cooled with a mini-split system), my wife asked if she could have a very small area in the shop to store some of her more prized decorations that do not store well in the attic. She has always been very supportive of my woodworking hobby and the associated expenses, so what could I say other than "yes Dear"? Predictably, her need for space has grown, so I was compelled to build something that would allow me to clear out additional shelf space. Since a good portion of the space I was using was to store Festool Systaniers, I decided to build an assembly table with space to store the systaniers. I found exactly what I was looking for in the plans and video posted on Guy's Woodshop. The storage portion is built exactly like Guy's, but I made the torsion top a little bit wider, longer and taller. I also made the top "replaceable" by layering in 1/8" sheet of hardboard held in place with screws. I saw that the Marc Spagnuolo (Wood Whisperer) did this on his assembly table, so I thought I would give it a try. In retrospect, I probably wouldn't do it again, but we'll see how it holds up. Here are a few pics of the completed project. I am also posting a picture of a "Flip Table" that I no longer need. The table is about 48" x 48" and would be especially useful to anyone with a small shop...most importantly it is free for the taking.

There are 18 pull out shelves in total ( 9 on front, 9 on back)
58CD6A2A-15EA-4455-B39E-07CB4FDAF0EF.jpeg

7D9FD48C-BED1-4D85-B660-AA42980EA6AE.jpeg

Here is the Flip Table
351B7D26-F5D7-45A6-A659-6B6A7FB2CBE7.jpeg

FB5B2753-CDFC-40B6-9904-4374BB9DA598.jpeg

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
That's very nice. Have a link to the plans? Depending on dimensions something like that would work very well to replace my temp assembly table.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
That's very nice. Have a link to the plans? Depending on dimensions something like that would work very well to replace my temp assembly table.
Matt, here is a link to the youtube video of the table being built...within the link he also has links to his cut list and if you have access to sketch-up he also a link to plans. I do not have sketch-up, but it wasn't too much trouble to build the table with just the cut list and an occasional review of the video.

Trey1984

Trey
User
Very nice assembly/storage table. What kind of finish are you using on the hard board and on the top flip top table? I might be interested in the flip top table. Sending you a pm.

Craptastic

Matt
Corporate Member
Matt, here is a link to the youtube video of the table being built...within the link he also has links to his cut list and if you have access to sketch-up he also a link to plans. I do not have sketch-up, but it wasn't too much trouble to build the table with just the cut list and an occasional review of the video.
Awesome! Thanks Donn!

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
But, Donn (@drw) yours looks SO much better than the one in "Guy's workshop"!!

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS