Appalachian Walnut Company, A great source

Westpacx3

Jim
Corporate Member
I think this is the correct place to post this.

I just wanted praise this business a little. I found them 2 years ago when I started messing with wood, I don't consider myself a real woodworker yet. They are in Lincolnton just past down town going west.

On my first visit one of the owners spent about an hour explaining what they had and teaching me about wood grades, this measuring system, bf etc. I was not prepared to buy then and left.

On my next visit to get some cedar I meet the other owner who was also very helpful especially since I only needed 1 board I then bought some curly maple since my gas up had value and I hated to have spent so much of their time moving pallets for such a small project.

Today I need a piece of ambrosia maple as I came up short on a project. This time I needed to get close to the color of what I was blending and again they moved the world to get me access to 1 board.

My point here is that these guys are worth your time. The consistency of service and the fact that they know over time us small guys will add up and that it's not all about the truck load purchases. My next large project will be making my cedar shutters and the $24.00 I spent today will increase to whatever 29 sticks of cedar cost. I'm a customer for life here. They won't have the selection or varieties that our sponsors have, who I also have bought from, but the savings on wood allows an upstart like me to make cheaper mistakes which makes taking on a larger challenge a better investment and frees up money to buy better or more tools to keep improving and going forward.

I would encourage you all on this side of 85 to check these guys out. Of course I realize that that's only about 4 of us..lol

They can send you their current price list.

Last edited:

malacoda

John
User
I'll second this motion.

Wanted to make some walnut countertops for home we were moving into and saw Appalachian Walnut mentioned in another thread.

Rented a U-Haul and picked up ~450 bd ft of 8/4 walnut. Great stuff at a great price! And Brennan and Cole (brothers who own it) were fantastic to work with.

Once I get an actual woodworking area set up in our basement and I can dive into the hobby with both hands, I'll definitely be a regular.

Look at that sexy walnut...

IMG_9330.jpg

IMG_9331.jpg

IMG_9332.jpg

IMG_9336.jpg

malacoda

John
User
So where is this place?
Lincolnton. About an hour NW of Charlotte and 90 minutes SW of Winston-Salem.

Can you give us a estimate of the price range of their walnut?
When I picked mine up in late November, the 8/4 walnut was $8 bdft.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS