Anyone out there have a laser engraver?

Status
Not open for further replies.

timf67

New User
Tim
I would like to make a laser engraving of my girlfriend's Naval commission. The original was mounted on a pine plaque over 20 years ago and was coated/laminated with some type of finish that has yellowed over time. Getting a new copy is very difficult, but I would like her to have a copy that she is proud to display. I have scanned a pdf of the original and I am looking for someone that can engrave the image onto wood. The image is approximately 10"x14". I am not sure which species of wood will make the best image, but I assume a lighter species would be better? Any help/suggestions would be appreciated. If you have a laser and would like to help out, just shoot me a PM and let me know how much you would charge.

Thanks,
Tim

mquan01

Mike
Corporate Member
Tim, there is a lady in Harrisburg just over the railroad tracks that does this if you can't find anyone else. I don't know her business name but I will try to find it later tonight

Henry W

Henry
Corporate Member
When I needed this type of service, I was pointed to trophy shops. I called around and found one that would do what I needed. If you can't find it, try your local trophy shop.

Henry

kclark

New User
Kevin
I have a laser engraver at work. I am not a trophy shop either. Will you provide the wood? Depending on the wood and finish, you can have a light finish with a darker engraving. Or you could wind up with a darker finish with a lighter engraving. But some items that are dark won't go lighter, just depends on how you finish them. I have seen cherry finish need a black filler to make the engraving stand out. and I have seen poplar with a cherry finish engrave beautifully with doing anything else. I am in Kannapolis just let me know if I can help you out or not.

bguil

New User
beeg
there is an internet based company (woodcrafter.com) in Mooresville that does laser cutting/engraving among other things. very good quality when I have used and inexpensive. call and talk to Bill, who seems happy to do custom work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS