Another great member to recognize.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I have been a member of this forum and group since 6/22/2016. I have had the great pleasure of meeting a handful of the members on here in person at events and the monthly lunch get togethers at the Carolina Ale House, and want to say that you will never find a better or more caring group of people that are willing to teach or pass along information to those of us that really need the guidance.
I have had the pleasure of learning the finer points of sharpening and performing maintenance on my chisels and planes by Mike Davis. I have received good advise and information from others like Ken of Cary.
The list can go on for me, but I fear I would leave out names and don't wish to offend. One other name I would like to add to this ever growing list is Phil S.
If something is needed and Phil has knowledge of it's whereabouts, he is more then willing to get it for you. If Phil has something that a member would need or even just to be able to put something to use Phil would not hesitate to offer it up. I know Phil has even gone so far as to deliver things to someone's home because he had the truck and the other person did not.
I would like to say thank you to Phil for all his help in my on going project of redoing my shop. I could not have gotten this far this quick if not for his generosity and willingness to help.
This is just another reason that I am proud to say I am a member of NCWW.
Frank

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
Phil Soper exemplifies the very heart of NCWW. I am constantly amazed at where he gets all that energy to do everything he does. Thumbs up to Phil S. :icon_thum

KenOfCary

Ken
Staff member
Corporate Member
Phil has always been one of my mentors on this website and he is always giving of himself to help others learn and grow. Not to mention some of the salvage materials that he freely shares with all of us. He truly embodies the spirit of NCWW.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I fully agree that this organization is blessed with the participation of many fine people. Certainly those you mentioned, Mike, Ken and Phil are noteworthy examples of those who go above and beyond to help those needing assistance, advise, or support. That said, I am sure there are many others who provide assistance, advice, and support but may not be as visible. This is a great organization and I am very pleased and proud to be associated with such fine people.

Frank Berry

New User
Frank
I only hope no one is offended because i did not mention more names, but that was not my intent. Everyone here has been and is great. The ones I know of really put themselves out there when it is needed and I admire that greatly. I just felt that I had to speak my mind when I made the post! It comes from the heart!

Brogan

New User
It's forums like this which restore one's faith in the internet.

In general, the net is an unpleasant cesspit of vile comments, but every once in a while you stumble across a site which is a true community in every sense of the word.

Based on what I've experienced so far, there are some great guys here, who are prepared to freely spend their own time and money to help complete strangers, like me! :)

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
I only hope no one is offended because i did not mention more names, but that was not my intent. Everyone here has been and is great. The ones I know of really put themselves out there when it is needed and I admire that greatly. I just felt that I had to speak my mind when I made the post! It comes from the heart!

Frank, I am confident that you offended no one. Moreover, I appreciate the fact that you took the time to recognize those that have made an impact on you. As an organization we do a good job at recognizing craftsmanship among our members, but I think it makes us an even stronger group when we also appreciate those that contribute to the overall well-being of the organization and/or individuals.

sawman101

Bruce Swanson
Corporate Member
It's forums like this which restore one's faith in the internet.

In general, the net is an unpleasant cesspit of vile comments, but every once in a while you stumble across a site which is a true community in every sense of the word.

Based on what I've experienced so far, there are some great guys here, who are prepared to freely spend their own time and money to help complete strangers, like me! :)

You're not a stranger Brogan, you're one of us!:icon_thum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS