An Introduction to Wood Finishing Sign up sheet

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
If you are opening up the signup for the next workshop, please put me down. Thanks
The next workshop will be a repeat of the first one, Introduction to Wood Finishing. We're already over our target number of six, so I'll add you to the wait list. Richard may decide to do a third "Introduction" session. Have to wait and see how it goes

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
OK Sounds like a great finishing workshop for sure. Lots of preparation by instructors and a lot of information soaked up by the participants. Of course when I saw the original announcement I was a bit behind the sign up curve and when I saw the sign up list had been filled and alternates in waiting I did not attempt to sign in.

In reading this recent thread it seems several folks missed the original session and are awaiting a second class. Some one even said something about there may even be "a series" of sessions. Is there a possibility of a late comer signing into the wait list (even though more than the limit of 6 have already signed up)?

I know its a lot to ask of any volunteer instructor to offer up more than he/she initially announced would be the schedule. But in the off chance there are to be additional classes some time in the new year I'd like to add my name to the wait list.

Enjoyed the "pre-read" materials and the pictures from the class.

Thanks everybody.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
OK Sounds like a great finishing workshop for sure. Lots of preparation by instructors and a lot of information soaked up by the participants. Of course when I saw the original announcement I was a bit behind the sign up curve and when I saw the sign up list had been filled and alternates in waiting I did not attempt to sign in.

In reading this recent thread it seems several folks missed the original session and are awaiting a second class. Some one even said something about there may even be "a series" of sessions. Is there a possibility of a late comer signing into the wait list (even though more than the limit of 6 have already signed up)?

I know its a lot to ask of any volunteer instructor to offer up more than he/she initially announced would be the schedule. But in the off chance there are to be additional classes some time in the new year I'd like to add my name to the wait list.

Enjoyed the "pre-read" materials and the pictures from the class.

Thanks everybody.
Done. The "series" was in regards to Richard doing more specific workshops in the future. This first session is a general introduction, primarily for beginners, to get a good overview of finishing. Later sessions will go deeper into specific areas of finishing, and will probably benefit those who are a little more advanced but want to enhance a certain aspect of their finishing processes.

JNCarr

Joe
Corporate Member
The next workshop will be a repeat of the first one, Introduction to Wood Finishing. We're already over our target number of six, so I'll add you to the wait list. Richard may decide to do a third "Introduction" session. Have to wait and see how it goes
Thanks Bill. I'm interested in the next section, not the intro session. Didnt realize you're doing a repeat of the first.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Thanks Bill. I'm interested in the next section, not the intro session. Didnt realize you're doing a repeat of the first.
Sounds good. I'll take your name off the wait list for the next intro session. When Richard is ready to do a more advanced session, there will be a separate sign-up sheet.

Maassll

New User
Linda
' We will have some fun and learn a few things to do with finishing in this workshop. As stated in the other thread we will have an overview of finishing wood as a whole. There is a ton of information and miss information out there having to do with finishing products. We would like to dispel at least some of them. If you ever had a finish fail due to lack of knowing how to do it, then this is a workshop for you. We want participants to come away with a better understanding of the products and techniques that will aid in their success with the finish they have chosen to use. We will cover:
What are your finishing choices
What tools you need and how to choose them for your application
How to plan ahead and avoid problems
How to systematically solve the problems as they arise
What these finishes are and how the work
Systems and tools for applying finishes properly and safely
and many more.
The place will be at Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty NC
We would like to do this workshop on Saturday December 10, 2022
Cost will be a $40.00 donation to the NCWW. Appropriate PPE will be required (Respirator, disposable gloves, and wear appropriate clothing)

This a first come first serve, 6 participants after that there will be a stand by or reserve list
Screen NameName
partmanDanny Davis
Roger45Roger Whitaker
mpholwayMatt Holway
hymie123Jim Smith
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff

Wait-list:
Screen NameName
wilsoncb
golfdadDirk Gale
hmerkleHank Merkle
J_GrahamGraham
Can I be put on the list for the next class if its on a Saturday or evening please?

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Can I be put on the list for the next class if its on a Saturday or evening please?
I have added you to the wait list for the next "Introduction" class. When the class is announced we will go in the order people responded. If anyone on the first list can't make the class as scheduled (this usually happens) then we go to the next person in line.

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Just got the most recent posting on this class. I had previously asked to be placed on the wait list but in reading through this post I do not see my name or my requesting post. I did get a reply but don't know what happened. So, I guess I missed out altogether as the list has been very popular. IF you receive this message maybe you can add my name to the bottom of the list just in case. Thanks

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Just got the most recent posting on this class. I had previously asked to be placed on the wait list but in reading through this post I do not see my name or my requesting post. I did get a reply but don't know what happened. So, I guess I missed out altogether as the list has been very popular. IF you receive this message maybe you can add my name to the bottom of the list just in case. Thanks
Oops. Found my earlier reply dated Dec. 15. . I guess my request to be added to the wait list was not as clear as it should have been. Please add me to your finishing class wait list. Thanks.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Oops. Found my earlier reply dated Dec. 15. . I guess my request to be added to the wait list was not as clear as it should have been. Please add me to your finishing class wait list. Thanks.
Ray, I did add you to the list based on your Dec. 15 post. Here is the current wait list for everyone to check.

WAIT LIST
USER NAMENICKNAME
mpholwayMatt Holway
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff
HmerkleHank
golfdadDirk Gale
J_GrahamGraham
Mark JohnsonMark
SabertoothBunnyMarkus
lhmayberryLes
ralitacoJim
Nancy HNancy
woodlaker2Ray
MaassllLinda

woodlaker2

Ray
Corporate Member
Ray, I did add you to the list based on your Dec. 15 post. Here is the current wait list for everyone to check.

WAIT LIST
USER NAMENICKNAME
mpholwayMatt Holway
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff
HmerkleHank
golfdadDirk Gale
J_GrahamGraham
Mark JohnsonMark
SabertoothBunnyMarkus
lhmayberryLes
ralitacoJim
Nancy HNancy
woodlaker2Ray
MaassllLinda
Much appreciated!
Ray

OldManK

New User
Kyle
Bill, if the waitlist for the finishing intro workshop is still open to new adds, would love to be added to the waitlist for any future sessions.

Bill Clemmons

Bill
Corporate Member
Bill, if the waitlist for the finishing intro workshop is still open to new adds, would love to be added to the waitlist for any future sessions.

You are now added, Kyle. As noted earlier, we will take participants for each workshop in the original order of sing-up. Right now we are working on a class for February and have already notified the first six on the list. If any of those cannot make it we will work our way down the list until we have six confirmed.

Based on the list, I would guess it will be March or April before we get to you on the list.

Barry W

Co-Director of Outreach
Barry
Corporate Member
Bill, I just ran across this thread, while looking for information about what type /best brand of respirator to buy, and would very much like to be added to the wait list. Thanks much.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Another WONDERFUL workshop "in the bag"

Thank you to @Bill Clemmons and @Graywolf for a truckload of information and myth busting.

Oh, and we had the full gambit of learning from newbies to fully experienced people - a load of fun and a load of knowledge.

Learned about Bill's "not so secret" super easy finish, we had the opportunity to spray some shellac and some paint.

Oh, and you will see we learned how to best prep a board and everyone got to try using a card scraper!
IMG_9847.jpg

IMG_9846 conv 1.jpeg
IMG_9852.jpg
IMG_9857 conv.jpeg
IMG_9848.jpg
IMG_9855.jpg

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS