An Introduction to Wood Finishing Sign up sheet

Graywolf

Board of Directors, President
Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
' We will have some fun and learn a few things to do with finishing in this workshop. As stated in the other thread we will have an overview of finishing wood as a whole. There is a ton of information and miss information out there having to do with finishing products. We would like to dispel at least some of them. If you ever had a finish fail due to lack of knowing how to do it, then this is a workshop for you. We want participants to come away with a better understanding of the products and techniques that will aid in their success with the finish they have chosen to use. We will cover:
What are your finishing choices
What tools you need and how to choose them for your application
How to plan ahead and avoid problems
How to systematically solve the problems as they arise
What these finishes are and how the work
Systems and tools for applying finishes properly and safely
and many more.
The place will be at Bill Clemmons shop in Liberty NC
We would like to do this workshop on Saturday December 10, 2022
Cost will be a $40.00 donation to the NCWW. Appropriate PPE will be required (Respirator, disposable gloves, and wear appropriate clothing)

This a first come first serve, 6 participants after that there will be a stand by or reserve list
Screen NameName
partmanDanny Davis
Roger45Roger Whitaker
mpholwayMatt Holway
hymie123Jim Smith
ac holwayAnne Holway
jlimeyJeff

Wait-list:
Screen NameName
wilsoncb
golfdadDirk Gale
hmerkleHank Merkle
J_GrahamGraham

Last edited by a moderator:

jlimey

Jeff
Corporate Member
' We will have some fun and learn a few things to do with finishing in this workshop. As stated in the other thread we will have an overview of finishing wood as a whole. There is a ton of information and miss information out there having to do with finishing products. We would like to dispel at least some of them. If you ever had a finish fail due to lack of knowing how to do it, then this is a workshop for you. We want participants to come away with a better understanding of the products and techniques that will aid in their success with the finish they have chosen to use. We will cover:
What are your finishing choices
What tools you need and how to choose them for you application
How to plan ahead and avoid problems
How to systematically solve the problems as they arise
What these finishes are and how the work
Systems and tools for applying finishes properly and safely
and many more.

This a first come first serve, 6 participants after that there will be a stand by or reserve list
Screen NameName
partman
Danny Davis
Roger45Roger Whitaker
mpholwayMatt Holway
hymie123Jim Smith
Please sign me up

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
I missed this yesterday, but would like to attend. Please put me on the reserve or backup list.
Name: Craig Wilson

Last edited:

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
I think is great so many signed up so fast. Thank you for you interest. if the there is enough interest and we get enough people to sign up on the reserve list I will gladly schedule a second workshop.

Graywolf

Richard
Staff member
Corporate Member
Good morning, we are still on for this workshop on December 10th. We will start at 10am and probably will run until 3 or so.
Bill Clemmons will send out directions to his shop a few days before via private message.
We will have pizza for lunch so bring a few bucks to pitch in to help feed us. Feel free to bring your own if you have any dietary restrictions or are just plan hungry.
There is a large amount of material to cover here. I have or I am preparing samples of many finishes using different techniques In hopes to inspire curiosity. We will have scrap material and different finishes around to get everyones hands a little dirty. I also think this is a great time to compare few different and competing product lines that seem to be giving folks a hard time lately. I hope everyone is looking forward to it because I’m excited to explore this with you.
With all that said let’s recap a few things: Personal safety equipment needed for this workshop are- a respirator (organic canister type), a nuisance mask (for dust), safety glasses or goggles or both and several pairs of disposable gloves, along with- please wear clothing and shoes that you don’t mind getting something on, I personally wear an apron and wear shoes I don’t mind getting finish on.

it looks as if there is enough interest to do another intro class, so after the first of the year we will explore repeating this workshop. So if your are on the wait list please stay tuned.
Thanks guys and gals and we look forward to the 10th!

SabertoothBunny

SabertoothBunny
Corporate Member
I guess add me to the wait lsit thought it is not likely for me to slide into the class. Very sad but putting me on the list at least gives me a chance.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
Wait list and or next year's class

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS