American Woodworker picks a 40 year old

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Good stuff Joe!
Congratulations.
Nice to see you get some recognition, for the jig AND your willingness to share!

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
As usual I haven't received my issue yet! :tinysmile_cry_t:

Way to go! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Those big Lee Valley GC's for the top tip are nice.

With my last tip I learned AWW is now sending out (smaller) LV GCs for all tips, no cash any more.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
As usual I haven't received my issue yet! :tinysmile_cry_t:

Way to go! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:

Those big Lee Valley GC's for the top tip are nice.

With my last tip I learned AWW is now sending out (smaller) LV GCs for all tips, no cash any more.

Bummer...Last years top tip brought me a check for $100, a $50 shirt and a $369 Leigh DT jig. Maybe it's a good thing the prizes are getting less........I'm outta ideas :rotflm:

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Bummer...Last years top tip brought me a check for $100, a $50 shirt and a $369 Leigh DT jig. Maybe it's a good thing the prizes are getting less........I'm outta ideas :rotflm:

I've had a number of tips and two articles in AWW but never got a T-shirt!

I guess it is a sign of the (economic) times. They are making out- they pay typical contributors like me and other no-names just peanuts for an article, but pay big names like Roy U., Lonnie Bird, etc. much more, however, articles by the unknowns make up most of the magazine!! Now they are paying less for tips. I wonder what it costs them, if anything, for a $250 or $100 LV certificate? Plus they get to use the articles and tips in annual and other compilations and DVDs.

My issue finally came today. It was supposed to have my TS tilt w/Wixey tip in it. Oh well, at least I got my certificate and used it already- it didn't go far!!

I submitted a few proposals last winter, but haven't heard from Tom Caspar since then. I wonder if he got paid extra or received a certificate for his "The Sandpaper Files" tip? :rotflm:

Matt Furjanic

New User
Matt
Hey Joe, I saw that yesterday, and got through part it and did not realize it was you. That is deserving to be published. Congrats, Matt...

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Congrats, Joe. :icon_thum
I guess there really is nothing new under the sun......:gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS