Allow Me to Introduce Myself (after putting it off for a year)

Wilsoncb

Williemakeit
Corporate Member
Hey all, I’ve been on this site for some time now and thought I would break down and include myself. I’m in Oak Ridge and retired about 2 years ago. I‘ve been a mechanical/product/process engineer for small and large companies. Most of my work was done on metal fabrication but I’ve always wanted to do woodworking. These past two years of retirement have given me the opportunity to learn how much I don’t know about the sport.

I like to make furniture I’ve designed from scratch. This allows me to experiment and use features I am trying to learn. I also like to mess around with kitchen utensils, cutting boards and other do-dads that can be created from various wood species. I have not done any turning yet but want to someday.

The most pleasant surprise I have found is what a great bunch of people there are on this site. A wealth of knowledge, generosity and support when I need help (which is quite often). I’ve had a chance to meet some of you in the Triad area and a couple in the Raleigh/Durham vicinity. I missed the picnic this last year, so hopefully I will see you at the Extravaganza.

drw

Donn
Corporate Member
Welcome! I have been retired for over 13 years and retirement is awesome. Woodworking, and the people I have met through woodworking, have factored significantly to joys of retirement. I hope you find this to be the case for you.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS