Air Filtration

Status
Not open for further replies.

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Little brown truck showed up on Friday and dropped off a package.

I have gone back to read some of the posts about where to locate the unit and I am not completely clear as to where the best location might be.

Should it be parallel to the longest wall and just off the wall or should it be away from the wall a distance? Do you split the garage in half length wise and place the unit? Also if my table saw is on the east end of the garage against the long wall, would the filter side of the unit be best facing the saw? Any suggestions, comments, statements or info is appreciated. Thanks for any assistance.

Oh, the case with the delta mortising attachment was given to me by a neighbor. I don't even have a drill press but I couldn't pass up a gift.

tv

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Todd,
We will have to wait for some of the more experienced folks to chime in for placement. I just wanted to tell you that for this purchase and posting photos to prove it:YOU ROCK!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Todd,

First, Congratulations on the air cleaner. The last article that I read stated that the a/c should be put on a long wall, 1/3 of the way from a wall. The inlet should go on the short side.

Good luck, and I'm sure that you'll enjoy it.

Jimmy:)

TV

New User
Todd Vaughn
Thanks. So if the long wall runs east and west, the unit will run north and south 1/3 of the room width off of the long wall.

tv

JackLeg

New User
Reggie
Mine hangs above and to the left of my TS and seems to work well. I have a ceiling fan in my shop that I believe helps with air movement, ie circulation.

FWIW :wsmile:

DaveO

New User
DaveO
The whole theory behind air filter placement is to get the air circulating around the workshop. By placing it closer to the longer wall with the intake closer to the perpendicular wall it will create a circular flow to the air in the shop and work more efficiently. That is almost how I have mine set up, but I decided to center it along the long wall because it placed the intake closer to where I produce the most dust.

Dave:)

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Thanks. So if the long wall runs east and west, the unit will run north and south 1/3 of the room width off of the long wall.

tv

You would want the intake/output to go in the same direction as the long wall of your shop.

Dave:)

NCPete

New User
Pete Davio
Jimmy has much of the location information correct, what he failed to mention is address. That would be best installed according to Jimmy's directions, at 3406....

Congratulations. Clean air rocks!

JimmyC

New User
Jimmy
Jimmy has much of the location information correct, what he failed to mention is address. That would be best installed according to Jimmy's directions, at 3406....

Congratulations. Clean air rocks!

:rotflm::rolf:

Gotta luv ya pete !

Jimmy:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors