Accountants

Status
Not open for further replies.

b4man

New User
Barbara
How was the accountant we use selected and do we have a long term relationship with her/them?
I meant to ask this yesterday but didn't think of it while we were together.

I want to thank Doug and Joe for graciously taking their time to help Rob and me transition into our new positions. Our meeting over lunch in Apex was not just informative but equally delightful! Thanks gentlemen.

To Rob, I'm so fortunate to be serving with you and look forward to learning all you have to offer.

NCWW has truly been blessed to have been led by the previous BoD"s and we newly elected are fortunate to have the remaining members to guide and teach us.

Joe Scharle

New User
Joe
General RoT is to stick with your accountant through a tax cycle. We are not married to the current accountants and it would be better in my opinion to pick one near you.
Having an accountant handy will help a lot.

Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
I'm glad you all had a great meeting. :icon_thum I definitely agree with Joe. It would be better to get an accountant closer to Barbara. Doug may have more insight on how the accountant was chosen...

M

McRabbet

We did have a nice get together yesterday. I know Barabara will have plenty to learn about our book keeping and I'll need to confer with Doug about our relationships with the legal team that got our incorporation through and our 501(c)(3) put together. Doug, you will also need to give me the info on our insurance policy status.

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Do we have an accounting software package? I know from previous experience with Quick Books Pro that they offer an accountant's review option allowing you to download your info to a floppy or flash drive for review by a CPA off site. Once any corrections are made to the files by the accountant, it can be reloaded to the file thus amending any discrepancies. This would certainly make it easier for audits and tax preparation, although I can't imagine that many disbursements to track through the year.

b4man

New User
Barbara
We are using Quick Books and thank goodness Rob and Joe provided me with both the previous and current version copies of QB for Dummies:icon_thum

Btw Joe, please email password!

Gotcha6

Dennis
Staff member
Corporate Member
Quick Books is very user friendly IMO, but I've never used anything else other than spreadsheets in Works or Multi-Plan (anybody 'memba that?).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS