AAW Symposium in Albuquerque, NM

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pennie and I went to the AAW Symposium in Albuquerque. Wow. I spent three days watching some of the top wood turners in the country (world) and learned a lot. I particularly enjoyed watching Mike Mahoney, a production bowl turner (I went to 4 different sessions featuring Mike), Nick Cook and Andre Martel (from Canada). Andre shot 15' curls 10' in the air over the first 5 rows in the audience. His gouge was 4' long, including the handle.

The instant gallery was great, hundreds of bowls etc by pros and amateurs. We met David J. Marks. He was there buying tools. I just walked up and said hello. We talked for several minutes. He was very nice.

Those interested in turning should consider going to a symposium. The next one is in Hartford, CT. That's a little closer to home. We took the camera but never took it out of the case. I know, no pics, didn't happen.

Woodman2k

Greg Bender
Corporate Member
Steve,
sounds like a great trip.When is Hartford,my brother lives 25 miles south of the Hartford area.I have to plan on that trip.Talk to you later,
Greg

Rob

New User
Rob
Neat, I'd love to have gone, especially in NM. Did you make it to Old Town?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS