7mm Drill Bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gator

George
Corporate Member
Does anyone know of a local (near Raleigh) dealer that carries, in stock, a 7mm twist drill bit. I have a brad point but need a standard twist bit.

Thanks
George

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
wilders. next door to the X-habitat 4 humanity. not cheep but quality bits. I will be near there on 2'sday and can pick ya one up if ya like. drop a note.

fred

FredP

Fred
Corporate Member
You might try HF. I bought a 115 pc. twist bit set there, and it has just about every bit you could ever need for pen turning, and just about anything else.

http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=32928

It does cost more than a single bit, but it's a deal for what you get. I haven't had to order any new bit for different pen kits. It's paid itself off that way.

Dave:)

i have this set too. a couple were bent [the smaller ones] but the rest seem to work just fine.

DaveO

New User
DaveO
Those bent ones were for drilling elongated holes to allow for wood movement....you got a bonus :lol::lol:

There are some really small bits in that set, I wouldn't be at all surprised if they came loose and got bounced around on the slow boat from China...probably shipped during hurricane season :-D

DaveO

New User
DaveO
George, a I or J bit will work great in lieu of a 7mm they are only .001 different in either direction.
Also a 45/64th" bit is only a couple 100th larger

toolman

New User
Chad
George, DaveO is right an I or J Letter drill will work and you should be able to get it at your local hardware store. It may cost 2 to 5 $$$.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS