6" PVC D-2729 pipe source

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
John Deere Landscapes of Apex, at 919-303-7290 is a stocking dealer for Cresline pipe, and can order the PVC you need for your dust collection system. The Cresline part number is 52155. Here's the Cresline datasheet for the pipe: http://www.cresline.com/pdf/cresline/drain&sewerpipe&ftgs/pvc562ds.pdf

Notice that this pipe is 126 pounds per 100lf, whereas the schedule 40 run 400 pounds per 100lf.

I'm not sure if they will sell only to companies (they asked me who I was with, and my company has an account there, so no problem for me).

The price was $1.62 per foot. I've placed an order today, so if you call soon they may be able to slip yours in too. Ask for the irrigation department.

FWIW, I spent an entire morning on the net chasing this down, so y'all better thank me for this. This stuff is HARD to find.

Ferguson Waterworks, formerly a source, has NONE and expects none.

If you're not near Raleigh, try a JD Landscape near you.

Bas

Recovering tool addict
Bas
Corporate Member
[banana]Award Handout Day[/banana]
Jim, this is great info - THANK YOU! No kidding about this stuff being hard to find. At least if you want it affordable.

64" question - do they sell fittings too?

Bas.

Jim Murphy

New User
Fern HollowMan
UPDATE
Although the Apex JD Landscape folks said they can order this stuff, Smith Turf and Irrigation (919-598-0788 in Raleigh) stocks this stuff in their Charlotte store and is having 200 lf shipped to the Raleigh store. Cost will be $2/ft. I have spoken for 100 lf, so there's another 100lf that will be available on Tuesday.

Yeah, I know $2 is more than $1.62, but there's this saying about birds and hands and bushes you should review.

Regarding fittings, the ONLY choice from a $$$ point of view is McMaster Carr in Atlanta. Quick and cheap. UNLESS the folks at Lowes are on one of their crazy binges and are giving them away.

Jim

M

McRabbet

Here is the text of a Thread I posted on the ClearVue Cyclones Forum last month:

I recently ordered a CV1800
smile.gif
and need to upgrade my PVC ductwork to 6". As others have found, it can be a challenge to find 6" S&D (ASTM D2729) pipe and fittings. We've found that some Lowe's stores carry several fittings (6"x6"x6" and 6"x6"x4" wyes; couplings; 22-1/2 and 45 degree elbows and 6"x4" reducers at my local Lowe's in Hendersonville, NC), but they don't carry pipe or the 90 degree sweep elbows that I could only find at McMaster-Carr for more than $28
mad.gif
. Thanks to a tip from a fellow woodworker, I found good prices for pipe and sweep elbows at McRey Distributors, Inc. at 1201 Boiling Springs Rd. in Spartanburg, SC (phone 864-582-8106).

I bought 10-foot lengths of pipe for $15.50 per length, 6"x6"x6" wyes for $16.89 each, 6"x6"x4" wyes for $15.17 each and 6" sweep 90's for $15.34 each. Very nice folks and well worth the 45 mile drive each way to get a good price!

Rob Payne (McRabbet Woodworks)

Hopefully, this is close enough for folks in the Charlotte area or out my way to take full advantage of this source in the upstate of SC. This just proves that they have more good things in the upstate than Ken Massingale and some good golf courses.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Some Lowes stock the 6" S&D. I have seen it in the Lowes off Hwy 70 west in Raleigh, and at the Lowes in Clayton (actually Garner) near Hwy 42 and I-40. Capital Blvd Lowes also has had it in the past. There is now rhyme or reason as to which store have it.

PurpleThumb

New User
Jerry
And Rob, once again, I THANK YOU for picking up mine. I'm "up and running" with the Clear-vue if anyone would like to check it out. Next to impossible to photograph where it is, but I promise it works!!!!

M

McRabbet

Jerry -- as you know, I was more than happy to pick up your PVC pipe and fittings since I had to make the trip to get mine at the same time! I'd like to come see your setup when I get a chance and see how it fit into that corner of your shop and how both the electrics and duct work came out -- I've been too busy this month with family, working on my grandson's hope/toy chest, my community association annual meeting (guess who is President!) and our December woodworking club meeting (also the Pres -- BTW, you missed a good meeting!) that I haven't gotten my ClearVue CV1800 installed yet! :-( (It is still in the boxes!)

I do have my Mini CV06 cyclone mounted atop a 5-gallon drywall compound bucket and it works very well with my shop vac -- I need to make a piggyback rig like yours, but that'll take some planning with my round topped 16-gallon Shop Vac. I swear it removes over 99% of the material pulled into the suction hose; it is a great addition to my dust control!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS