Trent Mason

New User
Trent Mason
Nice score Jay! :eusa_danc And an excellent job refurbishing it. :icon_thum

What do you use to get rust off? :eusa_thin

T

toolferone

That is a great score!! You ROCK!:gar-Bi:gar-Bi

I have a little older version of the same saw and I love it. I will love it more when I get mine done to look like yours. Here is a pic of mine. Did you have to make up new table boards? Do you have a before pic?

RAS%201.jpg

eyekode

New User
Salem
Thanks. Mainly elbow grease. For non-reference surfaces I used a wire brush in a side grinder. For the column I used 600 grit sandpaper lubricated with 3-n-1 oil. Did I mention elbow grease? :tinysmile_cry_t:

J

I was wondering how you did the column. Man that looks great!
Salem

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Sully,now do you know why Delta called a saw that weighs 300# PORTABLE? It would go through a 3-0 front door into a house under construction. I got mine at state surplus a couple years back. Some idiot (thank you idiot) cut off 220 plug, and added a 110 plug, even though tag said 220 only. I really like the fact you can run either 12" blades, or 10" blades. The 12" ones require a bushing (which DeWalt sells for a couple bucks each), while 10" ones fit directly onto arbor. This means dado set from table saw fits the RAS. This is the saw Norm used on NYW for years. Enjoy!

mkepke

Mark
Senior User
Heck, this class of "portable" saw will go through a 24" opening.

-Mark, who tragically had to send an earlier version of this saw to the recyclers.

WoodWrangler

Jeremy
Senior User
Does this mean it's for sale for $56? I'll take it :elvis:

Nice score!:icon_cheers And VERY nice cleanup and restore!:icon_thum

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Nice score and nice job!!!!!!! :eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap:eusa_clap

Looks like a number of new (old) tools have been cycling through your shop lately. Are you preparing for a move to a bigger one?

Nothing like elbow grease, sandpaper, and some lubricant, and a fresh coat of paint to put life into and spruce up the appearance of old iron!!!

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Heck, this class of "portable" saw will go through a 24" opening.

-Mark, who tragically had to send an earlier version of this saw to the recyclers.
About a month ago, there was an earlier version on craigslist for less than a hundred. After couple of weeks, it was listed for $60. I posted it in Hot Buys

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS