50% Off Worksharp Products

Status
Not open for further replies.

thrytis

New User
Eric
$125 for a Worksharp 3000 and $50 for a Worksharp 2000! I'm not sure what the shipping is (it looks like you have to go a ways through the checkout to find out), but those are great prices.

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
Right there with you Ken, hard to pass up the new knife sharpener for $40 and also pickup a extra set of sandpaper for it.

dave

New User
Dave
Thanks for heads up! Been wanting one of these for some time now. :)

Placed an order and the shipping was $16.

Dave

peteb301

Pete
Corporate Member
Put some items in my basket earlier using the code provided - should have completed the order - cause the basket is now showing full price and the coupon code no longer works . :BangHead::BangHead::BangHead:

Luckbox72

New User
Eric
The coupon I saw was good until the 27th. I know when I first tryed the order the code did not work. I was going to call customer service number or try the live chat, but when I tried about 3 hours later it worked. I know it is a new site so it could be a bug. Give it another try.

Alan in Little Washington

Alan Schaffter
Corporate Member
Can anyone explain the usage of the slotted abrasives? thnx

The slotted abrasive is mounted to the bottom of a slotted wheel and used to free hand sharpen gouges, etc, on the bottom of the wheel. The slots make the wheel appear almost transparent as it spins and let you see how you are doing, especially if you use a marker on the edge to make sure you are taking off a even amount.

M

McRabbet

Slotted abrasives attach to the underside of the slotted wheel to allow the user to sharpen a curved blade like a small gouge held under the wheel -- a strong light from above allows you to see the surface being sharpened through the spinning slots. I have not used mine because I use my WS3000 to sharpen straight chisels and plane irons.

I also did not have success with the code today when I tried to order -- I'll wait until later today and try again. A question for Ken Massingale -- did the code come from one of their emails to you as a registered user?

bobby g

Bob
Corporate Member
I called Work Sharp this morning and was told that the offer has been withdrawn due to the unexpected, overwhelming response. You can get the 3000 on Amazon for about $185 with free shipping.

bobby g

zapdafish

Steve
Corporate Member
cool, thnx for the slotted disk info. I thought I recalled something along those lines but wasn't quite sure. Guess when I get into turning, I'll need to get that kit for sharpening turning tools.

gator

George
Corporate Member
This was posted on another WW forum at 2:00PM today

Dear Woodworking Community,

Work Sharp would like to extend our apologies for any confusion or frustration we created this week with our promotional e-blast offer.

The promotional offer was turned off yesterday, October 13. A new offer was sent to the same subscribers offering a 20% manufacturers rebate good on all Work Sharp purchases at any of our dealer locations. This new offer is valid through the end of October and available to our registered users on worksharptools.com. Our goal is to restore your faith in us and support our business relationship with our retail partners.

We made a mistake by sending an e-blast to our customers encouraging them to visit our new website and take advantage of a promotional offer. We are excited about our new website and how it will serve our customers, but we let this excitement get the best of us. We recognize this was a lapse in good judgment, and did not properly consider the impact this would have on you, our business and our retail partners. We made a mistake with this offer, and ask you to accept our apology.

We apologize for the irritation and frustration this may have caused you. We know that we made a mistake and our relationship with you, our customer is most important to us. We recognize that the e-blast offer and retraction was a step in the wrong direction. We are working to make it right, and humbly ask that you accept our apologies for this error.

Respectfully,

The Work Sharp Team
UNQUOTE

George

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors