5" Festool Random Orbit Sander - $99

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
I'm still waiting on mine. I guess I made the mistake of ordering my from Tool Nut. They have just given vague timelines, like, "we don't have an ETA but will let you know when we do". :dontknow:.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was told by someone (Festool Distributor - NOT Klingspore) that they ordered many 50 or more IIRC and got 10, so they are going "down the list" to sell the sanders to the first 10!

I think they (Festool) was hopeful to get "new blood" into the tools, but if we are any indication - current Festool owners are who bought them, not the people they want to "convert..." I hope that is wrong...

Rick M

New User
Rick
Sweet!

6a82ebc382698fc323a8650dc5ae502f.jpg

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I was told by someone (Festool Distributor - NOT Klingspore) that they ordered many 50 or more IIRC and got 10, so they are going "down the list" to sell the sanders to the first 10!

I think they (Festool) was hopeful to get "new blood" into the tools, but if we are any indication - current Festool owners are who bought them, not the people they want to "convert..." I hope that is wrong...

Mine are being gifted to folks that do not have Festool sanders - with the $50 cert they will own more for sure

HMH

Heath Hendrick
Senior User
I would fall into the Festool "new blood" category. So far, this sander is awesome.

Separate but related, to those who have already picked theirs up, was the $50 cert in the box? I can't seem to locate mine, and am now thinking Festool for my next jigsaw....(well played marketing dept, well played).

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
I'm still waiting on mine. I guess I made the mistake of ordering my from Tool Nut. They have just given vague timelines, like, "we don't have an ETA but will let you know when we do". :dontknow:.

Kent, I'm in the same boat as you on ordering from Tool Nut. Though to be honest I wasn't even aware that was who was processing the order based on the URL in the thread. That's my fault for not paying better attention and not really a big deal. They did however charge my CC when I placed the order and not when the product shipped as indicated on the page. :icon_scra

Hopefully we'll both know something soon in regards to shipping.

B.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I would fall into the Festool "new blood" category. So far, this sander is awesome.

Separate but related, to those who have already picked theirs up, was the $50 cert in the box? I can't seem to locate mine, and am now thinking Festool for my next jigsaw....(well played marketing dept, well played).

Yes, the $50 cert was in each case. I found it with the manual and the sandpaper samples

Rick M

New User
Rick
I handed mine to my wife and said look what you got me for Christmas. She hid it and I won't see it again until Santa comes down the chimney.

Hmerkle

Board of Directors, Development Director
Hank
Staff member
Corporate Member
I handed mine to my wife and said look what you got me for Christmas. She hid it and I won't see it again until Santa comes down the chimney.

Did you also tell her there are needy people in South Carolina? :rotflm:

patlaw

Mike
Corporate Member
Just for fun, I called Woodcraft to see if they still have any. They're still laughing. :)

nn4jw

New User
Jim
This is starting to sound a lot like those Jet clamp sales that have come around the past few years. Low price - very little actual stock.

Phil S

Phil Soper
Staff member
Corporate Member
I hear thru the grapevine that Festool is in full production. Should be many more available soon. They even have a full page ad in the recent Fine Woodworking.

I cannot seem remember what is said about the early bird .... but I have four of these at the shop already, three are being wrapped for Christmas. But then again I ordered within two hours of seeing the announcement

Rick M

New User
Rick
Guys were posting their order times on another forum and there was a clear demarcation. I ordered mine at 4:30-ish pm and was on the edge of the cut off that got in on the first shipment.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
still waiting to hear from coleman if my orser actually got thru and when and if i can go snatch it up. IN A JOB WHERE IT WOOD BR HELPFUL

Kent Adams

New User
Kent Adams
Well, looks like I won't receive my sander until March, at the latest. I just got this email:
We have received additional information from Festool regarding delivery of your $99 PRO 5 Sander. Due to overwhelming demand, Festool did not have enough sanders on November 1st resulting in a backorder that affected your order.

Festool is in the process of manufacturing additional PRO 5 Sanders. So, you will definitely receive your $99 PRO 5 Sander with $50 voucher, as promised. Based on the schedule provided by Festool, we anticipate that your sander will ship on or around Thursday, March 16th. Note that this is an estimated ship date and is subject to change.

Please accept our apologies on behalf of Festool for the delay in delivery. We’re confident that the great value and savings will be worth the wait.

We’ve had some questions about how you use the $50 voucher that comes with the PRO 5 Sander. There’s no need to wait until you receive your PRO 5 Sander. The $50 voucher can be used on any Festool power tool purchased between November 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2017.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Well, looks like I won't receive my sander until March, at the latest. I just got this email:
We have received additional information from Festool regarding delivery of your $99 PRO 5 Sander. Due to overwhelming demand, Festool did not have enough sanders on November 1st resulting in a backorder that affected your order.

Festool is in the process of manufacturing additional PRO 5 Sanders. So, you will definitely receive your $99 PRO 5 Sander with $50 voucher, as promised. Based on the schedule provided by Festool, we anticipate that your sander will ship on or around Thursday, March 16th. Note that this is an estimated ship date and is subject to change.

Please accept our apologies on behalf of Festool for the delay in delivery. We’re confident that the great value and savings will be worth the wait.

We’ve had some questions about how you use the $50 voucher that comes with the PRO 5 Sander. There’s no need to wait until you receive your PRO 5 Sander. The $50 voucher can be used on any Festool power tool purchased between November 1st, 2016 and December 31st, 2017.

Well, dang..... I haven't seen anything from them in a couple of weeks at least. Not sure if that's better or worse!! :dontknow:

B.

Lowlander

New User
Chris
in the same boat with waiting, but it's not toolnuts fault, it's festool for not having the inventory to meet demand.

farmerbw

Brian
Corporate Member
Of course 15 minutes after I posted above I got that same email from ToolNut...... :BangHead: Oh well, guess I'll wait it out for a while.......

B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS