$25 Laminate at Habitat reuse in Raleigh

Status
Not open for further replies.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I was in Habitat today and they have a bunch of laminate sheets in there for $25.00 each. They appear to be 4'x8' (a couple maybe 5'x8') but I have not unrolled the sheet that I bought today. Not many great patterns in there, but for $25 it's hard to beat for shop stuff. Several of the rolls had some dings/cracks in them but most looked to be in good shape.

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
When I was in there a couple weeks ago, most of what I saw was vertical grade (thin). Still not a bad price.

Matt Schnurbusch

New User
Matt
I didn't realize there was such a thing as vertical grade. Thanks for learning me something Bruce.

I assume it can be used horizontally, and that it just won't hold up as well due to it's thickness?

junquecol

Bruce
Senior User
Vertical grade doesn't have to take the abuse that horizontal does. Also vert. is often wrapped around round columns, and bent into other shapes. Surface is the same as horz.

Skymaster

New User
Jack
Matt: Vertical grade is approx 1/32 thick, Horiz grade is 1/16. Your r correct Vgrade will not last very long on a horiz surface. JUST for info they also make a thinner grade called Post Forming. That you have seen many times but didnt know it :}:}:}. Any of the borg stores have premade tops with the lipped up front edge, that is PostForm. thinner bends like paper with the heat etc of the machine. Lasts about as long as paper :gar-Bi

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS