1st Attempt and a Thank you

Status
Not open for further replies.

PChristy

New User
Phillip
Phillip I need to get some of those. The saw I got from Cathy had one on it and it was just too wide to really use on the inside cuts. I didn't see them last night at Woodcraft. I am possibly going to HF today I will look there and see what they have.

I thought that I picked some up at WC in Winston- I might be wrong - I really like mine - I have the 1/4 inch but I am going to pick some 1/2 up as well - www.mikesworkshop.com might have them - not sure - that is where I get my FD blades

cskipper

Cathy
I haven't ever seen any Flying Dutchman from anywhere except Mike's site. I also highly recommend the Ultra Reverse blades when cutting things that you can use the reverse blade. If I am cutting something delicate, I will cut as much as I can with the UR but switch the the PSWood blades for the parts that make me hold my breath while I saw - lol.

Kevin, you'll know if the break to due to too much tension if they break in the (or close to) middle of the blade.

Surely you've given Bonnie some saw time by now, haven't you?

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Unfortunately she has not gotten on the saw yet. I am trying to encourage her to try it. I started another piece last night a Christmas ornament with a TON of small cuts. I think I worked for an hour and a half last night and probably have another hour of work to do. I am noticing my cuts are much cleaner this time. The sad part is I broke my 1/16in bit last night. I will have to go by the Blue BORG tonight on the way home and get a new one. I am going to try and get a handfull of ornaments done before Christmas for one of our trees. I sat down and designed a pattern for Josh for this year. Hope it turns out okay. I will cut the white aread out.

Josh2008.jpg

ScottM

Scott
Staff member
Corporate Member
Kevin, if there is a hobby shop near by ask if they have numbered bits. I use 67 and 69 a lot.

rcflyer23

Kevin
Corporate Member
Kevin, if there is a hobby shop near by ask if they have numbered bits. I use 67 and 69 a lot.

The only one I know of it HobbyTown USA not sure if they would have some.

I also refined the ornament for Josh. I wanted to have a little more meat on the ornament. Guess I will have to start doing one each year.

Josh2008_2.jpg

cskipper

Cathy
Great job! If you do other ornaments that do not have a name in them you can stack cut several at a time. Now, give Bonnie some time too!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS