Search results

1. MarkDarby

Water ring fixes on wood finish

Here is a good video comparing different methods. YouTube.. the font of all knowledge.
  2. MarkDarby

Water ring fixes on wood finish

Is it lacquer? If so, I’d try some retarder on it, first. Stuff can work wonders.
  3. MarkDarby

What are you bringing to the 2024 picnic?

Macaroni salad.
  4. MarkDarby

RDU lunch Friday April 19

I plan to be there.
  5. MarkDarby

Paste Wax Replacement

Happy to. This is for furniture that doesn't have a finish that is sensitive to solvents. This produces a nice glossy sheen without being too hard to buff out. Ingredients 8 parts beeswax 3 parts carnauba wax 9 parts turpentine Instructions Melt the waxes, using the...
  6. MarkDarby

Newby from Raleigh

Hi, Loren! We’re glad you’re here!
  7. MarkDarby

Dust Collection -- Tin or PVC

Thanks Henry... definitely interested!
  8. MarkDarby

Dust Collection -- Tin or PVC

Hi all, I'm wanting to make my work in the shop a little more productive. For years, I've had a good-sized Delta dust collector -- but have dragged the hose from machine to machine. I also had a fold-away shop. My shop is in my double-car garage and I've arranged tools and work benches so...
  9. MarkDarby

Another arm chair completed

Really , Really nice.
  10. MarkDarby

New beginner woodworker from WV

Welcome Roy! I’m from Beckley. Where are you from?
  11. MarkDarby

What type of Shoes to you wear in your Workshop?

Crocs or tennis shoes. If I don’t pay attention, house shoes.
  12. MarkDarby

Help wanted in Raleigh area this Friday

That's not far... what time?
  13. MarkDarby

What time will you be loading / unloading -- and where? I'll be traveling back from Asheville that morning but could help in the afternoon.
  14. MarkDarby

I moved my grizzly with a uhaul trailer. Worked well.
  15. MarkDarby

Piano added piece - achieving the gloss black?

I refinished an early 1920s clock a few years ago. I had several dents (serious-sized dents) to fill. I used body putty for the dents... but then had issues hiding the wood grain. Whatever they used then really did a good job of hiding grain. When I sanded the body putty down, the grain...
  16. MarkDarby

2024 Annual Picnic RSVP May 18, 2024

I’ll be there … solo.
  17. MarkDarby

Burial Urns

The Facebook page will let vets find information about our program -- informational only. Not meant to be very interactive. We're also preparing updated brochures and will be working to place an article in this year's Veteran's Resource magazine. I've lived in NC since '98 -- and am an AF...
  18. MarkDarby

Burial Urns

Hi Tom, I just sent a personal message. I'm have no doubt that we can work something out. Mark
  19. MarkDarby

Burial Urns

Hi Tom, I’m honored to help. Please DM me your address. I’ll have one out to you next week. If you can easily manage a contribution to our program, we’d be grateful. Just click contribute at the top of your screen and select the Vets urn program. Mark
  20. MarkDarby

Burial Urns

Hi Tom from Clayton. Yes, indeed. The program is alive and well. We’re moving the program to a new Facebook page and will probably be gathering a group sometime in the early summer. Not sure where we’ll meet. I’ll create a group and include you. Hope to see you there! Mark

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS