Search results

1. J

Let's talk enclosed trailers

http://www.kraftsmantrailer.net/default.htm I would highly recommend Kraftsman Trailer in Ramseur. They built my 6x12 single axle utility trailer several years ago to my specs and couldn't be happier. They carry other brands of enclosed trailers, but am sure based on my experience they would...
  2. J

Sawdust usefulness

A direct descendant of Caractus Potts
  3. J

High end hardware

http://www.whitechapel-ltd.com/ White Chapel is another quality option.
  4. J

Advice on Workshop Move/Storage

I had my shop stored in a PODS container while we moved down here and built a new shop. The whole experience was good. I ran stretchers between the wall studs to create levels which allowed me to store all my tools. If memory serves, the shop was probably stored for almost a year and had...
  5. J

Source for wood windows?

Jeff In Durham you might try Talbert's Building Supply just off 147 up near 15/501. As for brand - you can't go wrong with Marvin windows, but you'll pay. Talbert's carries Marvin + just about any other price point.
  6. J

What do you do with all that sawdust?

I've found several uses - depending on the type of sawdust in the bag. Around the house, some goes in our compost area, some gets used as mulch but admittedly most gets dumped out in the woods. I've also listed on craigslist - small machine shops have used it for oil cleanup. Farms can use...
  7. J

Box for Ashes - Serious Post

One other thing to think about would be if they plan on being buried in a cemetary - which usually requires a concrete vault even for a wooden box urn (depends on the cemetary). The answer might help steer your construction method.
  8. J

Let's talk Jointer planes

+1 Have used (but don't own) the LN #7 and it is very nice, but for the money I'll stick with the Bedrock 607.
  9. J

CL Find - Fuji Sprayer

Not Mine. Found for sale on Craigslist in Garner: Fuji MiniMite 3 Spray System http://raleigh.craigslist.org/tls/3393771733.html
  10. J

Router help

Scott I have the 1617 EVSPK and am very happy with it, although it doubles as my plunge router so there are times when I'm swapping it in and out of the router table. I dream of latching that Titan under the router table. Some day... John
  11. J

Wood Veneer ID

I'm trying to determine the type of veneer inlay used in the legs of this piece - for reference the legs are 4" wide. I don't believe the ribbon on quartersawn sapele is this tight, but I could be wrong (hopefully - because the piece is made out of either African Mahogany or Sapele). Any...
  12. J

QSWO Question

I'm sure scsmith42 can talk more about this than I, but every once in a great while you can come across some white oak that has a curly figure in addition to the quartered figure from the cut. If you're lucky your boards will all have this figuring (from the same tree)! Also, a cut that's...
  13. J

Sapele and mahogany for sale

Gonzalo I would also be interested in the Sapele if there's some available, but only about 50 bdft (full lengths). Is it all 4/4? John
  14. J

Band Saw Tire Material

I've started taking apart and cleaning/refurbishing my old Rockwell/Delta 14" Band Saw - man was it dirty! My question is does anyone have opinions (yeah, right) one way or the other concerning rubber tires vs. the new urethane tires. The old rubber ones I pulled off were well worn and...
  15. J

Source for concentrated Ammonia in RTP Area

Ken Haven't had to buy any for awhile, but I do have about a gallon of the ammonium hydroxide (26% lethal) if you need some for a project. Let me know. John
  16. J

2012 Triangle Shop Crawl Sign up

If anyone is starting out in Chapel Hill I'd be glad to share a ride. I'm 5 mi west out 54 (near Fiesta Grill) and can fit 3 others in my truck once I get the car seats and toddler trappings out. John
  17. J

2012 Triangle Shop Crawl Sign up

Sounds like a good day - count me in if there's room.
  18. J

Where to get bearing pulled and pressed?

Chris I take most of my bigger repair jobs to J&S Tool on Hodges St just inside the inner beltline - in fact they recently replaced the bearings on my table saw for me. There's also Payne's Tool up on N. Capital. John
  19. J

online auction house

Thanks for the info, everyone. I make no assumptions when it comes to buying equipment, and I appreciate the insights. And Phil, having sworn enemies makes for great stories - like Guilder and Florin...
  20. J

online auction house

Has anyone heard of or used the company www.IRSauctions.com (not to be confused with our good friends in DC)? I tend to be leary of sites requiring credit card info for no other reason than identification, but you never know. If legit, seems like a potential source for machinery and stuff. If...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS