Search results

1. mbeach

Wood for smoking

Does anyone have or know where I can get wood for smoking? My BIL has a green egg grill/smoker We are looking for wood chunks like apple, maple, hickory, alder, cherry, etc
  2. mbeach

Decking wood

I need some wood for expanding my deck. Does anyone on here know a good place to get the wood from near Winston Salem. I would like to support A local business instead of the big box. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
  3. mbeach

Paint Stripping on Wood Furniture

My wife and I just bought a dresser and a twin sleigh bed from a consignment furniture store. Does anyone know anyone that will strip the paint off of these? Or have recomendation on how to do it myself.
  4. mbeach

First 'Real' project.... Need some help

Hey everyone! Been a while since I have been on here. Have not had much time for woodworking lately :(.... But, with a new baby due in January and a 2 year old now, it is time for her to get a 'big girl' bed. We have found one that we like, and after looking at it, it does not look to...
  5. mbeach

How to test a used Drill Press?

What do I need to look for when buying a used drill press to make sure it is working ok... How do I test and make sure it is a straight hole with no wobble? How do i test for accuracy? Anything else i should look for? Thanks Michael
  6. mbeach

Long Overdue Gloat(s)

These are long overdue... But rather be late than never. Hitachi C12FDH Miter Saw - I got this from a guy in Thomasville at a store that sells all sorts of things... it was only $100 brand new :) Bench Grinder Jet 1014 Lathe, Stand, and Bed Extension - I got this from Douglas...
  7. mbeach

First Scroll Saw Project

Here is a picture of my first project. Took me right around 3 hours to complete. Thanks PChristy for the pattern! It is not cut at an angle... The picture makes it look like it was. I think I was to close to it when I took the picture.
  8. mbeach

Stack Cutting - How do you?

How do you stack cut the wood for scrolling? What materials do use use. How thick do you go. etc. Thanks Michael
  9. mbeach

Jesus Face - Scroll Saw Work

I saw a picture somewhere on here of a picture of Jesus' face (maybe had the crown of thorns).... I have looked and looked and cannot find it. Anyone know where this image is? Thanks Michael
  10. mbeach

New Scroller... any info on learning?

I am getting a scroll saw in the next week or so. I have never done this before and want to learn. Any websites? videos? books? etc. to learn from that people recommend? Thanks Mike
  11. mbeach

Puzzles - Gluing Image to the wood??

What are ways that you can glue the image to the wood? My daughter LOVES these type puzzles... http://www.bedbathandbeyond.com/product.asp?order_num=-1&SKU=15049391 so I thought I could make her some. Thanks Mike
  12. mbeach

PE REQUEST - Kings Mountain --> Clemmons/Winston Salem

Curly has a piece of burl that I am trying to get from Kings Mtn to Clemmons/Winston Salem. If anyone can help get it closer please PM me. Thanks Mike
  13. mbeach

PE Mebane to Winston Salem

I am seeing if anyone will be in the Mebane area coming towards Winston Salem. David (crokett) has a scroll saw that I am getting and any help in getting it this way would be great. Thanks! Mike
  14. mbeach

Dust Mask? For a Turner

I have just got into turning and since I started turning, i have been having terrible sinus problems, sore throats and heavy breathing after each time I turn. I think that I am allergic to something... I am very sensitive to chemicals and the same thing happens around those... So my...
  15. mbeach

aluminum pen - how to?

anyone ever made a solid aluminum pen on a wood lathe? A friend wants me to make him one. Thanks Michael
  16. mbeach

Good Deal or Bad Deal - Drill Press

I have found this drill press from HF. http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/ctaf/displayitem.taf?Itemnumber=43378 In new condition, just missing the switch and the table. The guy is going to include this for free...
  17. mbeach

Storage/Window Bench Unit

We have our playroom that is 12' wide and has a window in the middle aprox. 16'' from the floor. My wife is wanting to put a storage unit with shelves, but also have the top be able to be sitting room. She would like it to be open without doors. I havent ever built anything like this...
  18. mbeach

Bullet Pen - Gabon Ebony/.308 Shell

Here is a Christmas present I made for my uncle. He LOVED it! Anyways... it is a .308 shell with the back of the pen being Gabon Ebony. First time making this pen. It was fun! Mike
  19. mbeach

drill press for pens.....

will an 8 inch drill press be enough? thanks mike
  20. mbeach

Table saw jig help?

Hey, I have a cheap task force table saw. The fence is not all that good, nor is the miter. I was wanting to build a jig for safety and to help cut some stuff for turning projects. I would like to get into segmented turnings. I dont know where to start, or what to add on to it. I have...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS