Search results

1. TedAS

Klingspor add

Tried to click on the Klingspor add and nothing happens. All of the other add are working.
  2. TedAS

IPhone Stuck on Mobile mode

When I am at home with WiFi I always switched my IPhone to the NCWWer classic view. Since the the upgrade when I try to switch to the classic version I get a "page not found" error. clicking on NCWW clasic link directs me to the URL www.ncwoodworker.net/forums/index.php&styleid=19 resulting...
  3. TedAS

Wife's Gift

Well I scored some points with the wife this Christmas with this knife block. I don't make many things that are just for her, I am usually kept busy with fix-it projects and my day job. Made from spalted maple, framed with cherry and holds 1350 bamboo skewers. I owe a great big thank...
  4. TedAS

Now this is using a skew

Watch this skew work...I can't do this using 2 hands!:embaresse http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnv0DAR_gWA
  5. TedAS

Carvings-another 1st

My wonderful wife and kids gave me some carving knives for Christmas. I sat down with the knives for the first time this week and gave it a try. I didn't have bass wood so I used some 2X2 poplar I had in the shop. View image in gallery Now for all you carvers out there... are there any "Must...
  6. TedAS

Some Scrolling questions.

Here is a photo of my first attempt at a picture. This was so much fun, I was surprised how enjoyable scrolling is. View image in gallery I am pleased with how it turned out but I have a few questions about the process. What is the best way to attach the pattern to the wood? I used Elmers...
  7. TedAS

DW 788 Gloat... Need Advice

With my recent interest in wood gear clocks I found this old Craftsman saw to be a real drag to use. View image in gallery The Christmas elves found a way to put this under my tree!:eusa_danc:eusa_danc View image in gallery I cant believe how smooth and quiet this saw runs WOW...
  8. TedAS

Another turning & early birthday gloat

Here is a 11” platter I turned on Sunday. It’s made from Sapele, the band around the rim is hand stippled and finished with General finishes seal-a-cell. The base is the interesting part; it is a multi axis design, one center axis and 3 off center axes. This throws the 2” thick blank off...
  9. TedAS

1st Scrollsaw / Bandsaw project

This project all started with a post from PeteM. Thanks Pete, I had more fun with this project than I had in the shop in a long time. The design is by Clayton Boyer. He has many designs to choose from. It took me exactly 1 month to build. I started it April 25 and hung it in the living room May...
  10. TedAS

2 New Turnings

Finished this one today. This was turned from oak burl that I picked up from Chris ( liftnaleg1) at the picnic. It is 3 ½“ high and 6 inches in diameter. The wall thickness is about 3/16”. I thought about going a little thinner but you know what happens when you take that last cut! :BangHead: I...
  11. TedAS

Freud Customer Service - WOW! = Gloat

This is what Brown delivered on Friday! I just had to take advantage of Lowe’s $99 deal this was too good to pass up.:gar-Bi As I was getting the fixed base ready to mount in my router table I made an unfortunate discovery. One of the holes in the metal casting was machined at the wrong...
  12. TedAS

Maloof Video-WWorking Channel

I came across this series of videos on TheWoodworkingChannel.com of Sam Maloof making a chair; I found it very interesting. In addition to the Maloof videos there are hours of other videos on a wide range of woodworking topics. A lot of good stuff. Ted
  13. TedAS

Rolling lathe cabinet

I started building a mobile lathe cabinet this weekend and thought I would share the method I use to retract the casters. I learned about this technique working as a set designer for a community theater. I needed a way to move large set pieces into position and then lock them so they would...
  14. TedAS

Turnings then and now

I picked up a new Turncrefter pro lathe with bed extension about 3 weeks ago, its been 28 years since I have done any turning. Its amazing how much I don't remember.:BangHead: This is a smaller lathe than the one I used to use but I'm having lots of fun with this one. I thought I would share...
  15. TedAS

Hello from Clemmons/Arcadia

Hi all, I found this great bunch of woodworkers about a month ago and just had to join in the fun. I started woodworking in the early 80's but have not had the time to make a lot of saw dust for the past 10-15 years or so. Unless it was for a honey do project. Now the kids are getting older and...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS