2 New Turnings

Status
Not open for further replies.

TedAS

New User
Ted
Finished this one today. This was turned from oak burl that I picked up from Chris ( liftnaleg1) at the picnic. It is 3 ½“ high and 6 inches in diameter. The wall thickness is about 3/16”. I thought about going a little thinner but you know what happens when you take that last cut! :BangHead: I finish turned this one green. I hope it stays together when it dries.:eusa_pray

I finished this walnut bowl about a week ago. 2 ¼” high and 7 ½ “ across. This one is about 1/8” thick. This one was rough turned 2 months ago. The knot opened up when it dried so I filled it with coffee and CA.

Boy this turning stuff sure us fun!

Thanks for looking

Ted

LeftyTom

Tom
Corporate Member
Ted, the oak bowl is nicely done, but the color and shape of that walnut bowl is over the top in goodness.

TracyP

Administrator , Forum Moderator
Tracy
Awesome job on the bowls. The walnut bowl is Calendar material:notworthy::notworthy::notworthy:.

TedAS

New User
Ted
Thanks for all of the nice comments!
I don’t know about the calendar, I see alot of really cool things posted here.
Man this dark side stuff sure is fun!
This turning vortex has me dizzy:tinysmile_tongue_t:
Ted

CaptnA

Andy
Corporate Member
Nice pieces from some great wood.
Looks like you've taken to the dark side well.

About that 'one last little cut'.... there's nothing wrong with membership in the "funnel club" every now and then.
I've got several funnels laying around just waiting for a trend in the art world :slap:

TedAS

New User
Ted
Ted how much time you got in that BW one?

Man its hard to say,:dontknow: you know how time flies when you are having fun!

I roughed it out one evening, I'd say in less than 2 hours. and about the same to finish turn and sand.

the finish is 2 coats of danish oil and then lightly buffed.

So I guess around 4 hours?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS