Search results

1. G

Coloring Epoxy

Ive used this stuff, not too glittery :Amazon.com Results here: Experiments in Epoxy
  2. G

Intarsia Wall Project

Wow...Beautiful work, great detail. You are truly a craftsman!
  3. G

First table questions

Do C-Channels help (or are they even necessary) for applications like this?
  4. G

Fiber Lasers...

I'd suggest finding Facebook groups for info. There are plenty of groups with lots of info, and are active much like NCWW. Your mileage may vary in terms of responsiveness, as many people will expect you to have tried something on your own before asking for help, and want to know the specifics...
  5. G

Can this door be saved? Looking for help in Apex

Just an FYI - that is a "half lite" door, and those doors cost at a minimum of $500. Having someone install it would cost between 400-600 dollars. I had a door replaced a few years ago, as I didn't want to do it myself. It was a pre-hung door (inside the jam already). Doors typically come in...
  6. G

work in progress, 1/6th 1890's navy steam launch built to navy plans

Im really impressed by the attention to detail and level of effort that goes into that. Mind = blown
  7. G

Done - Finally

very cool. a labor of love for sure
  8. G

Jtech lasers

Im going to be starting a laser engraving business soon (hopefully), if my research proves right. Would people be interested in seeing content geared toward lasers?
  9. G

chair leg tips/pads

I've used these for years, and they work great: https://smile.amazon.com/Scotch-Value-Round-Assorted-SP845-NA/dp/B00V7UD93C
  10. G

Shop database app

The data (pictures, etc) would live online. You could use a web browser to access or a phone app. Sounds like you want an offline only app, is that right?
  11. G

Shop database app

What would be the benefit of a database vs Excel? Im a software developer, so just speaking from experience- a database is probably overkill for what you want unless you want to put it online. If there is enough interest, I could probably whip up an online database and share it with the...
  12. G

Best joints for plywood

haha! I don't have the time for that, nor the patience. But it sure does look nice!
  13. G

Best joints for plywood

Im using 3/4 inch baltic birch plywood to make some bookshelves, and I wanted to use joinery instead of pocket screws. I've been looking at different types of rabbets, and wondered if anyone had suggestions on which would be better between: 1) half blind rabbet/lock joint, 2) double rabbet, or...
  14. G

FS: woodworking books. Raleigh downtown

I'd be interested if they are still available :)
  15. G

SketchUp Workshop Online

heck put me on the bandwagon for interest
  16. G

Experiments in Epoxy

Here are the pictures!
  17. G

New scroll saw user

Good point about kids being awkward and not stupid. I have a 4 y.o. and couldn't imagine trying to teach him the scroll saw. maybe I should teach him and all my other little ones
  18. G

Experiments in Epoxy

A while ago I posted a thread asking questions on epoxy (how to, what kind, etc). Well, I got some epoxy and "made the things" with it! I used some resin I found on Amazon, which I'm not sure is the "best" because I've only had experience with the one brand, but it wasn't expensive. First...
  19. G

Track Saw Advice

I've used a circular saw with a Kreg track. Husky tools has a track too: https://www.homedepot.com/p/Kreg-48-in-Accu-Cut-Aluminum-Circular-Saw-Track-KMA2700/302781729 https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-100-in-Cutting-Guide-99681/302346667 The kreg one is meh. Haven't tried the husky track, but...
  20. G

Epoxy Anyone?

Does anyone here have experience in using epoxy? I've got a few project ideas and not sure where to start. I've browsed youtube and found that "Total Boat" and "EcoPoxy" seem to be popular amongst woodworking youtubers, and Amazon has all kinds of brands. My first project is to "fix" my poorly...

Premier Sponsor

Our Sponsors

LATEST FOR SALE LISTINGS